When a new version of FARO software is released, the status of your software maintenance plan determines if you can or cannot run the latest software. It can be a time-saver to check your software maintenance plan status on FARONow or the FARO Licensing Portal before you try to install the new software version.
If you try to run the new version and get reoccurring license messages after you update the license key or a message that says your plan has expired, then you will have to renew your warranty before you can successfully run the software.
When you have an an up-to-date software maintenance plan, you are able to access and run new major or patch releases with the least impact on your daily workflow.
Click here to learn more about warranties and updating keys.
Check Software Maintenance Plan Expiration Date
- In your browser, navigate to FARONow, https://faronow.faro.com.
- Navigate to MY RECORDS>ASSETS.
- By default FARONow filters the list to Recently Viewed assets. To see all assets, click the dropdown arrow and select My Org's Assets.
- Locate the asset for the software you want to upgrade and click on the Asset Name.
- On the next page, scroll down to the bottom and locate the Warranty & Certification Information section. Look for Warranty Expires (Date).
FARO Software Licensing Portal
- Access the portal by going to: https://license.faro.com/Portal/
- Click the License Information pane.
- Enter your product key and click Get Information.
- The page displayed will include your warranty (software maintenance plan) expiration.
Still lost? Click here for a detailed procedure.
Software Maintenance Plan Expired?
We encourage you to renew your plan on FARONow. An up-to-date FARO® software maintenance plan gives you immediate and easy access to technical support and the latest software releases, including upgrades with new convenience and efficiency features as well as bug fixes. Refer to your sales order to understand how your maintenance plan is handled and what you need to do to maintain it.
Click here for more details.
Check Your Eligibility and Download the Software
Once you have your expiration date on hand, visit our Knowledge Base article (Software List and Version Eligibility) to view the latest version of software you're eligible for.
- Go to https://knowledge.faro.com/Essentials/Software/FARO_Software_List_and_Version_Eligibility
- Select your software.
- Enter your software maintenance plan expiration date.
- View the list of software you're eligible for.
- Download and install your software.
Note: If you need assistance with license activation in your software:
- In this Knowledge Base, at the top-right of the page where it says, "How can we help?"
- Search for "Activation + (Your Software)"
- FARONow! Customer Portal - Your FARO Account, Product Licenses, Warranties, and Support Cases
- Activate/Update Product Key with FARO Software Licensing Portal
- FARO License Agreement Location
- About FARO Software License Keys, Activating, and Updating
- Global Contact Information for FARO Sales Agents - for Demos or Quotes or Warranty Renewals
- Warranty Plan Benefits for the FARO Software Warranty
- Warranty Plans and Support for Legacy Hardware or Software
- Warranty and Ownership Transfers for FARO Devices or Software
service plan, maintenance plan, support plan, authorization, guarantee, portlock, hard lock, hardlock, softlock, soft lock, product license, product key, license key, service plan,