With a valid warranty plan and an up-to-date product key or dongle ensures you will always have access to upgrades containing enhancements and bug fixes. What you have to do to manage your warranty plan, product key, or dongle depends on your particular situation.
Here is a list of typical situations. Pick the one that best applies to you and follow the links to get the download and install instructions or manage the product key and warranty process.
- You are a first-time FARO software user--Select the the appropriate link to get the download and installation instructions.
FARO software runs as a 30-day trial. After that, contact FARO Sales to purchase the software, choose a warranty option, and get a product key or dongle. When the warranty plan runs out, you can purchase an extension and update your existing product key or dongle. This gives you continuous access to FARO software, upgrades, and other benefits.
- You are running FARO software with a version number that has the same first and second-decimal number as the most current software version number--Select the the appropriate link to get the download and installation instructions.
Here is an example. If you are running FARO software version number 1.2.3 and the most current software version number is 1.2.4, then the first and second-decimal numbers are the same. As long as the software version numbers are 1.2.X, you have an up-to-date product key or dongle and can install the latest software without any further steps.
To check the most current version number for your software, click here and select the appropriate link.
You are running FARO software with a version number that does not have the same first and second-decimal number as the most current software version number--Select one of the options below to update your product key or warranty plan. To check the most current version number for your software, Select the appropriate link.
- If you know you have a valid warranty plan, Select the the appropriate link to get the download and installation instructions. Then click here and follow the instructions to begin the product key or dongle update process.
- If you know your warranty plan has expired, contact FARO Warranty Renewal to learn about warranty options and benefits. When your warranty plan is active, select the appropriate link to get the download and installation instructions. Then click here and follow the instructions to begin the product key or dongle update process.
- You do not know if you have a warranty plan--Go to the FARO Support Portal, access your FARO account, and review your FARO assets. Here you can see warranty plan details. If you do not have a FARO account, click here for instructions about how to create one. If you still have questions, contact FARO Support.
Check the Current Version Number or Get Download and Installation Instructions
Click the link for the software that applies to you. The current software version number appears at the top of each of these linked articles.
- How do I generate a C2V file
- Applying a V2C File That Matches My C2V File
- Apply a V2C or FLU File That Matches My C2V for CAM2 Measure Licensing
- What is included in the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty and the extension plans for FARO software
- What is Legacy hardware or software and how does it affect my warranty plan
service plan, maintenance plan, support plan, authorization, guarantee