Over time, many FARO users have shared with us their best practices for making sure they are never caught without a fully functional FARO device. This covers them when they send their device in for factory service or are in the field and some unfortunate unplanned event occurs. We hope these guidelines help you avoid being without your favorite FARO device.
- Always have an up to date warranty. This saves time and money over the long term. If you can afford it, upgrade your warranty to the Premium or Premium Plus (if applicable). This way you get the benefit of deferred shipping costs and a loaner if needed. Click here to review the different hardware warranty plans. Contact FARO warranty renewal for help finding the plan that is best for you.
- Keep up with the device certifications (if applicable) to make sure your device is always in good working order.
- Consider buying a used FARO device as a back-up. This is a great insurance policy and gives you the added efficiency of two devices. Each device backs up the other and you are never without. Your regional FARO Sales Account Manager can help you find a demo or a used device.
- Keep in contact with a FARO friend or two who could loan you their device in a pinch. You can do the same for them.
- Rent a FARO device from a sympathetic buddy, contract agency, or from FARO for a limited time. Your regional FARO Sales Account Manager can help you with rentals too.
- How do I send my FaroArm in for a annual certification / 15 point checkup
- What is included in the factory certification of a Laser Tracker SMR
- What is included when I send my FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D to the factory for maintenance, calibration, and certification service, and how often should I do this
- Do I need to send my FARO Cobalt 3D Imager back to the FARO factory for calibration and re-certification
- How often should I send my precision FARO device in for re-calibration and factory servicing
device failure, plan B, fail safe, fail-safe, insurance