International return Instructions for shipping equipment to FARO's US service facilities.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE BEGINNING THE PROCESS
- The shipper must indicate on the commercial invoice "GOODS OF U.S. ORIGIN RETURNING FOR REPAIR.”
- The country of manufacture should be indicated.
- If the repair is covered under FARO’s warranty plan, there is no actual charge to the customer, the commercial invoice should also read "FREE OF CHARGE, WARRANTY REPAIR."
- The cost of the item should be on the commercial invoice with the statement, "VALUE DECLARED IS FOR CUSTOMS PURPOSES ONLY.”
- Also, indicate the harmonized tariff schedule number (HTS). This particular HTS number applies ONLY to U.S. origin commodities being returned to the USA for repair.
- It is very important to include the RMA# (Return Material Authorization), description, part number, serial number, and quantity of parts being returned.
- All foreign countries have a procedure for exporting goods for repair. Most involve formally registering the purchased goods with the local customs office prior to exportation. It is very important that the foreign shipper make the necessary arrangements with their local customs department BEFORE exporting their goods to the USA for repair.
- Shipper must pre-pay in advance all the shipping charges, including customs clearance & final delivery in the USA. Master Waybill must state “Free Domicile”.
- FARO Technologies, Inc. will not be responsible for the customs clearance, brokerages fees & final delivery of the goods. Unless, pre-arranged by customer. NO C.O.D.
return, international, repairs, customs