If you have a network license server and are using license keys that you type, and not a dongle, you can detach a license and temporarily bind it to a client computer so that that FARO software can be used when the client computer is not attached to the network. When the detached license expires, it is automatically disabled on the client computer and restored to the server.
The license server and the client computer must be configured to allow detaching of network licenses.
Enable Client Computers and the Server to Detach Licenses
Keep in mind that when you detach the license you must select the computer found and shown in the list, see attachment. If the computer is not found follow these directions.
- On the client computer, open a browser and go to http://localhost:1947. This opens the SafeNet Admin Control Center.
- In the Options panel on the left, click Diagnostics.
- Click the "Create ID File" button on the right and save out the ID file
- Save the file to your desired storage media so it can be transferred to the server computer.
- On the server computer, save the file from your storage media to the server computer in a desired location.
- Go to the Sentinel Admin Control Center by opening http://localhost:1947 with an Internet browser.
- Click on "Update/Attach" from the left hand side under Options.
- Click "Browse" and navigate to where you saved the ID File and click "Open".
- Click "Apply File". You should receive a prompt stating "Your update was applied successfully".
- Click on "Products" from the left hand side under Options.
- Select "Offline"
- The Recipient Machine option should now show the client. Select the appropriate client.
- Save out the (*.H2R) file to your desired storage media as this file will than be transferred to the Client Computer.
- On the Client Computer, click on "Update/Attach" from the left hand side under Options.
- Click "Browse" and navigate to where you saved the (*.H2R) File and click "Open".
- Click "Apply File". You should receive a prompt stating "Your update was applied successfully". This completes the process of detaching your license.
- How can I create a new network license server to share and manage multiple FARO software product license keys
Detach, detaching, license, product key, dongle, link, move, transfer