On the computer where you want to install the SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver and FARO® RUS, click these links to download the latest versions.
- SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver (for BuildIT products only)
Version number: 7.100.25990.1
- SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver (for all other FARO products)
Version number: 7.100.25990.1
- FARO RUS
Version number: 7.9.23583.60000
Click here for instruction to uninstall the previous versions and reinstall the latest versions.
The HASP driver and RUS enable FARO software licensing. Both are installed when you install FARO software. If you do not use an internet connection with your FARO software, are creating a license server, or are having issues with the automated internet-based license activation inside FARO software you may need to manually install the latest versions of the HASP driver and RUS.
- The HASP driver is the central component of the FARO software license processing. It also provides access to the SafeNet Sentinel Admin Control Center where you can view, administer, and manage FARO software licenses.
- RUS enables you to manually activate or update FARO software licenses.
Both the HASP driver and RUS can be used on a stand-alone computer or on a network license server and its client computers.
Always make sure you use the latest versions of the HASP driver and RUS. They are backwards compatible, so you need not be concerned about using the latest versions with older FARO software. Using the latest versions helps you avoid licensing issues.
Activating or Updating Licenses
Most, but not all, FARO software uses two software packages to provide licensing and activate or update processes: SafeNet Sentinel HASP license driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS). Typically, when needed by the software, both of these tools are included when you install FARO software and are upgraded when you upgrade the software.
- The HASP driver provides safe access to the license keys stored on your dongle or to the product key you type in the software. The driver software is stored on your computer's hard drive at the root of the install folder for your FARO software.
- FARO RUS communicates with FARO, either automatically or manually, to check if your keys are eligible for the latest software upgrades and if there are updates for your keys for additional FARO product purchases. It applies the necessary changes the the keys. You can access RUS from the FARO software start menu. The RUS executable is stored on your computer's hard drive at the root of the install folder for your FARO software.
If you activate or update keys automatically, you rarely interact with the HASP driver and RUS. If you activate or update keys manually or do troubleshooting, you use both the HASP driver and RUS. Search for articles in this knowledge base for step-by-step instructions about using the HASP driver and RUS.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes|
- Uninstall and Reinstall SafeNet Sentinel HASP License Driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS)
- TCP/UDP Port Used by the Sentinel HASP Driver and FARO Licensing System
- Error-SafeNet Starting the Sentinel License Manager Service
- Error-SafeNet Code 35845 Sentinel HASP License Driver
- Error-SafeNet Code 19 Required XML Tags Not Found When Applying a V2C File
- Error-Too Many Keys Connected When Obtaining a C2V File
- Network License Server Setup to Share and Manage Multiple Software License Keys
softkey, soft key, soft lock, softlock, license server, product key activation, license activation, offline license activation, offline product key activation, activate product key