- From the first client computer on the network, open an Internet browser and go to http://localhost:1947 to open the Sentinel Admin Control Center.
- In the Options panel on the left, click Configuration and enable client computers to access remote license keys. Make any other changes that would be appropriate for all client computers and click Save.
- Copy the hasplm.ini file found here C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Aladdin Shared\HASP\ on the first client computer to the same place on all other client computers on the network.
If you need to configure a group of networked client computers to work with a FARO® license server or to make changes to the client computer group configuration, rather than configuring each one separately, save time by configuring the first client computer and copying its configuration file to the other client computers.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||
- If you have already configured a FARO license server, skip this step and continue to step 2. If you have not configured a license server, click here and follow the instructions to set up the license server.
- To configure the first client computer on the network, refer to Enable Client Computers to Access Remote License Keys to enable this client computer to access remote keys. Make any other changes that would be appropriate for all client computers.
- Click Submit to store these changes in the HASP configuration file found on the first client computer here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Aladdin Shared\HASP\hasplm.in.
- Copy this hapslm.ini file to a portable file storage media, such as a USB memory stick.
- On the other client computers, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Aladdin Shared\HASP\hasplm.ini and rename the existing HASP configuration file to OLDhasplm.ini.
- Insert the portable file storage media containing the new hasplm.ini file into a port on the other client computers.
- Copy the new hasplm.ini from the portable storage media and paste it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Aladdin Shared\HASP\ folder on the other client computers.
- Open FARO software on the client computers to confirm that they automatically find a key on the license server without asking for a key or running on a trial license and that your configuration changes have been applied.
- Detach Network License Keys
- Assigning a Network License to a Client Computer Not Attached to the Server
- Network License Server Does Not Supply Licenses to Client Computers
- Where Can I Find the MAC Address of My Computer
- Error-Code 35857 When Opening SCENE Using a Network License
- Error-SafeNet Code 58 Invalid Recipient or Invalid XML Recipient Parameter
softkey, soft key, soft lock, softlock, hardkey, hard key, hard lock, hardlock, product key update, license update, offline license update, offline product key update, update product key