Here is all you have to do. See below for details.
- Download the latest SafeNet Sentinel HASP license driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS).
- Install the HASP license driver and verify that it works.
- Run the FARO RUS and verify that it works.
- Enable server to accept remote license access.
- Activate licenses keys on the server.
- Get the server IP address.
- View licenses in the Admin Control Center on server.
- Download and Install FARO software on client computers.
- Enable client computers to access remote license keys.
Most FARO software requires a license to use it. System administrators can create a network license server to make a pool of licenses available to client computers running FARO software. Licenses are hosted on the license server and are shared with client computers over a network. The FARO software package need only be installed on client computers. On the server, administrators only install the Sentinel SafeNet HASP license driver, and the FARO Remote Update System (FARO RUS). Once these tools are installed and configured on the server and the client computers are set up, when FARO software runs on a client computer, it searches the network for an available license. Click here for more information about FARO software licensing.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||
|Compatibility||Click here to see FARO software compatibility with Microsoft Windows|
Download and Unzip the Latest HASP Driver and RUS
The server you select as the license server must not be a virtual machine. Network licensing is disabled on virtual machines.
- Download the latest HASP license driver and RUS.
- Save the HASP driver file, haspdinst<VerNum-Date>.zip, on the C drive in a folder named FaroHASP.
- Unzip the driver file in this folder.
- Save the FaroRUS<VerNum-Date>.zip file on the C drive in a folder named FaroRUS.
- Unzip the RUS file in this folder.
Install the HASP Driver
- Click Windows Start, and in the search field type command and press Enter. The Command Prompt window appears.
- If the command prompt is pointing to C:\>, skip this step. If the command prompt is not pointing to C:\>, at the command prompt type one of these commands and press Enter.
- If your prompt is pointing to a drive other than C, type c: and press Enter.
- If your prompt is pointing to C but is not at the root, type cd\ and press Enter.
- At the C:\> command prompt type cd faroHASP and press Enter.
- Type haspdinst.exe –install and press Enter to run the HASP driver installer. Make sure you type a space between haspdinst.exe and –install.
- Open an Internet browser and go to http://localhost:1947 to test that you have access to the Sentinel Admin Control Center.
- In the faroRUS folder, double-click FaroRUS.exe to run it and verify that you have access to the RUS window.
Enable Server to Accept Remote License Access
- In the Sentinel Admin Control Center, in the Options panel on the left, click Configuration.
- Click the Access from Remote Clients tab.
- Select Allow Access from Remote Clients.
- Click Submit.
Activate License Keys on Server
The way you activate keys that are shared on a license server depends on if you have alphanumeric keys or if you have a network enabled dongle or portlock. For activation instructions, see the section below that applies to you.
- For alphanumeric keys
- For a dongle or portlock
If you are not sure what you have, click here to learn how you get FARO product licenses and the usage pros and cons for FARO licenses keys or dongles.
For Alphanumeric Keys
Using FARO RUS, you activate keys on the server so that client computers can run FARO software.
- On the server, in the folder where you stored FARO RUS, double-click FaroRUS.exe to run it.
- Click the Collect Key Status Information tab and Collect Information to generate a .C2V file. The .C2V file is stored in the same folder where you store FaroRUS.exe.
Email the generated .C2V file to your regional FARO Support location along with your license keys. A Support Agent processes this file and emails you a corresponding .V2C file within 24 business hours. When you receive the .V2C file, store it in the same location as the .C2V file because they are a matched set.
- On the server, go to the folder where you stored FaroRUS.exe and double-click FaroRUS.exe to run it again.
- Click the Apply License File tab.
- Click the ... button in the bottom-right corner and browse to the location where you stored the .V2C file.
- Select the .V2C file and click Open.
- Click Apply Update to activate the keys.
For a Dongle or Portlock
If you have a network-enabled FARO dongle or portlock, attach it to the server. Further activation of licenses is not necessary, but you must continue with the remaining steps in this article.
NOTE: A network-enabled dongle can be attached to a computer that is a network server or any computer on the network that can function as a license server. This is one of the advantages of using a dongle.
Get the Server IP Address
- On the server, click the Windows Start button and in the search field type Cmd then press Enter. The Command Prompt window appears.
- At the prompt, type ipconfig and press Enter.The IP address appears in the Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection: section on the line labeled IPv4 Address.
- Write down the IP address as you will enter it to enable each client computer to access remote license keys.
View Licenses in the Admin Control Center on the Server
- Open an Internet browser and go to http://localhost:1947 to open the Sentinel Admin Control Center.
- In the left panel, click Products to display the available licenses. The license information you sent to FARO Support should appear in the list. Click Features to see license details.
Download and Install FARO Software on Client Computers
- On each client computer, check the Microsoft Windows operating systems compatibility.
- Click any of these links to download FARO software on the client computers
- Double-click the FARO software .exe file and follow the prompts to install the software.
- When the installation is complete, do not open the FARO software as it cannot yet access the remote keys.
Enable Client Computers to Access Remote License Keys
- On each client computer, open an Internet browser and go to http://localhost:1947 open the Sentinel Admin Control Center.
- In the Options panel on the left, click Configuration.
- Click the Access to Remote License Managers tab.
- Select Allow Access to Remote Licenses and Aggressive Search for Remote Licenses.
If you want to force the search for a specific server IP address, un-check Broadcast Search for Remote Licenses. This is particularly appropriate when using a VPN connection.
- In the Remote License Search Parameters field, enter the IP address of the server.
- Click Submit.
- Open FARO software to confirm that it automatically finds the keys on the server without asking for a key or running on a trial license.
If when you open the FARO software a window appears asking for a key or saying you are running on a trial license, contact FARO Support.
- What do I need to know about license keys and how they work for CAM2 Measure 10, CAM2 Q, CAM2 SmartInspect, CAM2 Gage, or SCENE
- How do I make a network license for FARO software available to a client computer not on the network, and how do I return the license to the network license pool when the client computer no longer needs it
- Where can I download the latest SafeNet Sentinel HASP license driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS)
- How can I check the version numbers of the the SafeNet Sentinal HASP License Driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS) that are intalled on my computer or license server
- How can I manually update the SafeNet Sentinal HASP license driver and FARO Remote Update System (RUS) by uninstalling and reinstalling them on my computer or license server
- Can creating a C2V file manually update my product/license key if I do not have an internet connection or if the software upgrade process fails
- How do I apply a V2C file that matches my C2V file
- TCP/UDP Port Used by the Sentinel HASP Driver
- How can I clear error message 35845 about the SafeNet HASP driver that I get when I try to create a C2V file
- What should I do if I get SafeNet Error Code 19, Required XML tags not found, when I am trying to update my FARO software license key using the C2V or V2C files
- When obtaining a C2V, I receive a 'Too Many Keys Connected" error. What can I do
- How do I find the HASP ID of a CAM2 Q or M10 Portlock
softkey, soft key, soft lock, softlock, license server, product key activation, license activation, offline license activation, offline product key activation, activate product key