- On the client computers, download and install the latest FARO® Software.
- Check the HASP driver and RUS version numbers on the server and client computers. They should match.
- On the server, use the RUS and create a .C2V file. Email the file to the automated license update system for your FARO software.
Click here to find the email address.
- You should receive an email response with and attached .V2C file.
- Apply the .V2C file to update your the license keys on the server.
- On the client computers, run the software.
If you recently received a notice to upgrade your FARO software, have recently upgraded your FARO software and are receiving error messages that prevent you from running the software, or you recently renewed your warranty, you may need to update the software license keys on the license server. To do this, you create and email a .C2V file and send to the FARO automated license system. Once your email is received, the system sends you an email with a matching .V2C file attached. Applying this file updates the license keys stored on your license server or on the dongle attached to your license server.
.C2V and .V2C files are unique to the server you use to supply license keys to your FARO software. You cannot interchange these files with different servers.
To create a .C2V file, use the FARO Remote Update System (RUS) tool. Before you begin, make sure you already have entered the product keys you have or, if you are using a dongle, make sure it is properly connected to your server's USB port.
Caution: The HASP license driver and RUS version numbers used on the server and on each client must match to avoid licensing errors. The latest FARO software always uses the latest HASP license driver. When FARO upgrades software, check the version of the HASP driver and RUS on the server. You may have to upgrade them.
Note: A network-enabled dongle can be attached to a network server or any computer on the network that can function as a license server. Virtual license servers may or may not have a physical USB port and depending on the server, may not be able to use a license key dongle.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||
|Compatibility||Click here to see FARO software compatibility with Microsoft Windows|
On Client Computers, Download and Install the Latest FARO Software
- On each client computer, check the Microsoft Windows operating systems compatibility.
- Download the latest FARO software on the client computers. Search this knowledge base for the download article for your FARO software.
- Double-click the FARO software setup.exe file and follow the prompts to install the software.
- When the installation is complete, do not open the FARO software as it cannot yet access the remote keys.
On the Client Computers and License Server, Check the HASP Driver and RUS Version Number
- On the server and on each client computer, check the HASP driver and RUS version numbers . They should match.
- If they match, skip this section and continue to Create a .C2V File
- If the server is not running the same version as the client computers, on the server uninstall the existing HASP driver and RUS, then download the matching HASP driver and FARO RUS versions and install them on the server. Confirm that you can access the SafeNet Sentinel Admin Control Center and open the RUS on the server. Click here for details.
- On the server, open the RUS.
If you used the default location when you installed and configured the license server, the RUS is located here: C:/FaroRUS/FaroRUS.exe
The RUS window appears.
- On the Collect Status Information tab, select Update of existing protection key, and click Collect Information. The Select Sentinel Protection Key dialog box appears.
- If you only use one product key or dongle on this computer, click OK and continue to the next step.
- If you use multiple product keys or dongles on this computer, for FARO or any other vendor's software, select the product/license key that applies to your FARO software and click OK.
SL- stands for soft lock--a product key stored in the software on your computer.
- In the Save Key Status As window, navigate to the location where you want to save the .C2V file, enter a File name, and click Save.
- The RUS dialog box appears with a success message when the process is complete.
- Locate the .C2V file and attach it to an email to the FARO automated license update system.
- For As-Built, send the email to email@example.com
- For BuildIT, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For CAM2 2018 or later, Measure 10 and Q, send the email to email@example.com
- For Faro Zone, send the email to regional FARO Support
- For SCENE, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The automated system sends you an email reply with an attached .V2C file. If you do not receive the .V2C file from the automated system within half an hour, contact FARO Support.
Once you receive the automated email with the .V2C file, use the RUS to apply the file. If you use a dongle, make sure it is properly connected to your computer's USB port before you begin.
- On the server, save the .V2C file attached to the email you received from the FARO automated license update system.
- On the server, open the RUS. If you used the default location when you installed and configured the license server, the RUS is located here: C:/FaroRUS/FaroRUS.exe. The RUS window appears.
- Click the Apply License Update tab and click to navigate to the location where you saved the .V2C file.
- In the Select the file to apply window, click All Files (*.*), select the .V2C file, and click Open.
- Click Apply Update.
- A success message when the process is complete.
- On the client computers, open your FARO software.
If a license error messages appears, contact FARO Support.
- Detach Network License Keys
- Assigning a Network License to a Client Computer Not Attached to the Server
- Network License Server Does Not Supply Licenses to Client Computers
- Where Can I Find the MAC Address of My Computer
- Error-Code 35857 When Opening SCENE Using a Network License
- Error-SafeNet Code 58 Invalid Recipient or Invalid XML Recipient Parameter
softkey, soft key, soft lock, softlock, hardkey, hard key, hard lock, hardlock, product key update, license update, offline license update, offline product key update, update product key