If the client computers cannot receive a license from the server, try these steps.
- Open the Command Prompt by typing the cmd into the Windows search bar.
- Use the ping command and input the server IP address.
If you receive all replies successfully continue to step 3.
If not then there are network communication issues occurring. It may be that the network firewall is preventing port communications between the two computers. Please contact your network administrator to create a port exception for port 1947.
- In Command Prompt type netstat -aon | more.
This provides a list of ports and their current state.
- Locate the local address 0.0.0.0:1947 and take note of the PID that is listed.
- Open task manager by right clicking on the task bar or pressing Alt+Cntrl+Del. Go to the Services tab and sort by PID. The PID that was listed under local address 0.0.0.0:1947 should be named hasplms and this should be true on both the client and server computers.
- Search this knowledge base for the Activate and Update article for your FARO software
- Error When Starting the Sentinel License Manager Service
- TCP/UDP Port Used by the Sentinel HASP Driver
- Network License Server Setup to Share and Manage Multiple Software License Keys
HASP error code, problem code, XML header not found, XML header changed, manually update license key