When you are upgrading an already existing installation of either FARO® CAM2® or FARO® SCENE and have a valid warranty, here is all you have to do. Click a link to get details.
- Run the CAM2 FARO License Update Client
- Run the Classic SCENE Interface License Manager to Update your License
- Run the New SCENE Interface License Manager to Update your License
If your warranty has expired, click here to skip this article and get step-by-step directions to renew your warranty and update your product/license key. If you are not sure about your warranty, follow the instructions in this article.
In this 12-minute video, Si Horton, FARO Application Engineer, helps you upgrade SCENE and its software development kit (SDK), check the graphics card, and set initial options. By doing this, you ensure you can quickly get started with your 3D documentation project. You can use the links in this article to step through the installation and upgrade workflow, as well as the workflow to check the graphics card. The SCENE manual can help you with setting the options Si suggests.
When you are upgrading an already existing installation of FARO software and you try to run the software, you may see a window asking you to enter a product/license key for CAM2 software or error message 35858 for SCENE.
This happens because your numeric product/license key or dongle needs to be updated for this release. For all CAM2 and SCENE software, an automated tool, the License Update Client for CAM2 and the License Manager for SCENE, updates your key.
The process of updating keys is affected by the status of your software warranty and whether or not the computer that runs your FARO software has an internet connection.
- If you have a valid warranty and the computer that runs your FARO software has an internet connection, follow the instructions in this article to quickly update the key and use the upgraded software.
- If you know your warranty has expired, click here to skip this article and get step-by-step instructions.
- If you are not sure about your warranty status, follow the steps in this article to update your product license key, then if the process fails, contact FARO Support.
- If the computer that runs your FARO software does not have an internet connection, click here to use the manual product/license key update process.
- If this is the first time you are installing FARO software, click here and follow the instructions.
The process to update your product/license key differs if you are using CAM2 or SCENE software. See the appropriate section below for details on the software you are upgrading.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes or less|
Run the CAM2 Update License Client to Update your License
The Update License Client is an automated process for updating the product/license key for CAM2 software and any other software or add-ons related to your product/license key. For instance, if you have purchased premium CAD translators, these too will be updated.
TIP: If you use a dongle, make sure the dongle is correctly inserted in the USB port on your computer before you begin. If the dongle is not inserted correctly, the License Update Client can not recognize your key.
- After you have downloaded and installed the CAM2 software to upgrade the license/product key, run the FARO License Update Client. Go to Start > All Programs > FARO > NameOfCAM2SoftwareToUpdate > FARO License Update Client. The FARO License Update Utility window appears.
- Click Start. If you have more than one key to update, you are prompted to select a key. You can only select one key at a time.
- The Update License Client runs, displaying prompts that show the status of the connection to the FARO license server. Do not close this window; it may take several minutes. The green status bar moves while the process continues.
- When the prompt displays License update(s) successfully applied, click Close.
- On your desktop, double-click the CAM2 Software icon to open and run the software. You are done! The upgraded FARO software is ready to use.
- If you encounter connection or error prompts while the Update License Client is running, or if after you complete the update process the Product/License Key window continues to appear, click here and follow the directions.
- If after you upgrade and run CAM 2 software, you do not see the panels, windows, ribbons, or icons you expect to see, click here.
Run the Classic SCENE Interface License Manager to Update your License
- After you have downloaded and installed the SCENE software you want to upgrade, from your desktop, double-click the new SCENE Software icon . If the license error code 35358 appears, click OK
- The License Manager appears displaying a list of all the product/license keys you have.
- Click the Update Licenses button. An informational message appears reminding you that you must have a valid warranty and be connected to the internet to update your product/license key. If you are ready to proceed, click OK.
- The license update runs, displaying a status bar. Do not close this window; it may take several minutes. The green status bar moves while the process continues.
- When the Successfully updated licenses message appears, click OK.
- On your desktop, double-click the SCENE Software icon to open and run the software. You are done! The upgraded FARO software is ready to use.
Run the New SCENE Interface License Manager to Update your License
If SCENE 6.0 is not licensed on your computer, you may be prompted with the window below stating "You seem to have a license for an older version of SCENE. Would you like to update your license now?". This tool will allow the software to check for license updates automatically.
Keep in mind that this prompt will only occur if during installing of SCENE 6.0, you selected the option to install the automatic update application.
Please note the following requirements apply for this to work.
- Customer needs to have a current maintenance plan.
- Customer needs to have internet access on computer.
- Firewall(s) needs to be disabled.
Below are the instructions to access the License Manager to run the Automatic Update application or apply a Product Key if the Automatic Update Application did not work or never appeared.
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right hand corner to access Settings.
- Once you are in Settings, you will see the option for the License Manager on the top left hand corner. This will open the License Manager.
- If you would like to automatically update your license, proceed by clicking on "Update Licenses" button and following the prompt to update. Providing you are under an active maintenance plan and connected to the internet your license will update automatically.
- If the Update Licenses option fails for any reason, please see the troubleshooting section below.
- If you encounter connection or error prompts while the License Manager is running, or if after you complete the update process the license error code 35358 appears continues to appear, click here and follow the directions.
- Software Download and What's New for CAM2 Q
- Software download and Readme Files for CAM2 Measure 10
- Software Download for CAM2 SmartInspect
- Software Download for CAM2 Gage
- SCENE News, Software Downloads, Manuals, and Technical Resources
- How can I determine and set my primary graphics card
service plan, service agreement maintenance plan, maintenance agreement, support plan, support agreement, authorization, guarantee, portlock, softlock, soft lock, hardlock, hard lock, product license, product key, license key