FARO® periodically releases new versions of the ScanPlanTM firmware to provide new features or fix existing issues. Without the right firmware installed, your ScanPlan might not work correctly. This process is largely automated, and when a new version is released, you should receive a message when you start the ScanPlan app.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your ScanPlan.
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
The latest version of the FARO® ScanPlanTM firmware is 2020.0, released 31 March 2020.
- Start the ScanPlan app and connect to the ScanPlan. If a firmware update is available, a message will notify you.
- To check for an update manually, tap the button and select Firmware > Automatic Update > Check for Update.
- Tap Install to start the update.
Note: The online update with iOS will always download using your cell phone network. An update file is approximately 1GB. If you don’t want to download a file this large via your mobile data connection, use the manual update method.
- When the update is complete, you will see the message, “Update successfully installed. Rebooting”. Tap OK to continue. When the power light returns to blue, the reboot is complete.
Manual Installation from USB Drive
The latest version of the ScanPlan firmware is 2020.0, released 31 March 2020.
- Click here to download the firmware to a USB drive
- Insert the drive into the ScanPlan.
- In the ScanPlan app, tap and select Firmware > USB Update.
- Tap Scan USB.
- Select the file and tap Confirm.
- The update will begin. Do not turn off the ScanPlan or your phone until the update is complete.
- With your smartphone connected to the ScanPlan, tap and select Firmware.
- If the firmware version number is 2020.0, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
- USB Sticks and WiFi Adapters Compatible with ScanPlan
- User Manual for ScanPlan
- Technical Specifications Sheet for ScanPlan
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new