FARO® periodically releases new versions of the ScanPlanTM firmware to provide new features or fix existing issues. Without the right firmware installed, your ScanPlan might not work correctly. This process is largely automated, and you should receive a message that a new firmware version is available when you start the ScanPlan app.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your ScanPlan.
The latest version of the FARO® ScanPlanTM firmware is 3.1.0152, released 11 Jan 2019.
- Start the ScanPlan app and connect to the ScanPlan. If a firmware update is available, a message will notify you.
- To check for an update manually, tap the button and select Firmware > Automatic Update > Check for Update.
- Tap Install to start the update.
Note: The online update with iOS will always download using your cell phone network. An update file is approximately 1GB. If you don’t want to download a file this large via your mobile data connection, use the manual update method.
- When the update is complete, you will see the message, “Update successfully installed. Rebooting”. Tap OK to continue. When the power light returns to blue, the reboot is complete.
What is New
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
- With your smartphone connected to the ScanPlan, tap and select Firmware.
- If the firmware version number is 3.1.0152, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
- Manually Updating the ScanPlan Firmware
- USB Sticks and WiFi Adapters Compatible with ScanPlan
- User Manual for ScanPlan
- Technical Specifications Sheet for ScanPlan
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new