FARO® periodically releases new versions of the ScanPlanTM firmware to provide new features or fix existing issues. Without the right firmware installed, your ScanPlan might not work correctly. This process is largely automated, and when a new version is released, you should receive a message when you start the ScanPlan app.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your ScanPlan.
What's New (2020.1.1)
Click here to download the full release notes.
- Anchor Points are used to increase the confidence while mapping, basically the user will be able to place reference points in the space based on the actual shapes of the ambient he is acquiring. The app “propose” certain corners as eligible for placing an anchor point, the user simply clicks on the one he thinks is the most suitable to perform a Loop-closing trajectory, after additional areas are mapped, the user walks back to the reference point and simply, clicks on the anchor point visualized and mapped in the UI once more. The reference point will then allow the system to compensate for eventual error due to drifts/misalignments, and the map will be corrected accordingly.
- The Map Fix Workflow can be used by the user once a mapping error occurs and the user notices it only after the mapping is complete. It can correct undetected loop closures in the trajectory (E.G. the presence of double rooms), eliminates unwanted surfaces, and optimizes the floorplan.
- The New Mobile APP UI features a cleaner, modern, and renovated look, faster loading, and reaction times (especially while working Wi-Fi), allows the visualization of high-resolution maps, and has a smart objects grouping when it comes to complimentary data. Everything translates into an optimized, more intuitive, and more efficient user experience.
- New Attachment mode for the PanoCam, features two modalities to attach the complimentary PanoCam to the floorplan itself, a “Confirmation Mode”, in which the user confirms the position once the Pano image is triggered and a “Fixed Mode” that makes things way easier while working with the Scanplan on a tripod with the PanoCam attached to it, no confirmation will be necessary at this point and will greatly improve the Panoramic Camera documentation in large areas.
The latest version of the FARO® ScanPlanTM firmware is 2020.1.1, released 18 Dec 2020.
- Start the ScanPlan app and connect to the ScanPlan. If a firmware update is available, a message will notify you.
- To check for an update manually, tap the button and select Firmware > Automatic Update > Check for Update.
- Tap Install to start the update.
Note: The online update with iOS will always download using your cell phone network. An update file is approximately 1GB. If you don’t want to download a file this large via your mobile data connection, use the manual update method.
- When the update is complete, you will see the message, “Update successfully installed. Rebooting”. Tap OK to continue. When the power light returns to blue, the reboot is complete.
Manual Installation from USB Drive
The latest version of the ScanPlan firmware is 2020.1.1, released 18 Dec 2020.
Note: If you are having issues updating your firmware see: ScanPlan USB Firmware Update From 2020.0 or Earlier Troubleshooting
- Click here to download the firmware to a USB drive
- Insert the drive into the ScanPlan.
- In the ScanPlan app, tap and select Firmware > USB Update.
- Tap Scan USB.
- Select the file and tap Confirm.
- The update will begin. Do not turn off the ScanPlan or your phone until the update is complete.
- With your smartphone connected to the ScanPlan, tap and select Firmware.
- If the firmware version number is 2020.1.1, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
- USB Sticks and WiFi Adapters Compatible with ScanPlan
- User Manual for ScanPlan
- Technical Specifications Sheet for ScanPlan
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new