FARO® periodically releases new versions of the ScanPlanTM firmware to provide new features or fix existing issues. You can manually install a firmware update by downloading the file to a USB stick and then uploading it to the ScanPlan.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your scanner.
What is New
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
Who Needs This Upgrade
If you are unsure of your current firmware version, you can check the version number in the ScanPlan app.
- With your smartphone connected to the ScanPlan, tap and select Firmware.
- If the firmware version number is 188.8.131.52, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
If you have an earlier version, upgrade the firmware as instructed in this article.
Install the firmware update
The latest version of the ScanPlan firmware is 184.108.40.206, released 2 May 2019.
- Click here to download the firmware to your phone or PC.
- In the ScanPlan app, tap and select Firmware > Manual Update > Upload Firmware.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the .SLF file.
- Select the file and tap Open.
- When the update is complete, you will see the message, “Update successfully installed rebooting” Tap OK to continue. When the power light returns to blue, the reboot is complete.
- USB Sticks and WiFi Adapters Compatible with ScanPlan
- User Manual for ScanPlan
- Technical Specifications Sheet for ScanPlan
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new