Immunity to Electromagnetic Radiation
- Do not use the FARO Laser Scanner in vicinity of strong magnetic or electrical fields.
- The Focus scanner passed EMC immunity tests according to standard EN 61326-1:2013-01 / ESTI EN 301 489-3 V1.4.1 (2002-08).
- This standard may help to consider acceptable electromagnetic emissions in different environment upfront.
- In general, we expect that our devices have immunity to electromagnetic radiation similar to other electronic consumer products (i.e. consumer smart phones, laptops, monitors etc.).
- Ferromagnetic objects and electromagnetic fields can disturb the earth magnetic field. This, as well as local variations in earth magnetic field (magnetic declination/variation) can lead to inaccurate compass measurements. In this case it’s recommended to switch off the use of the compass data.
- Radiation, especially gamma radiation, can penetrate and affect any electronic equipment. Complex electronic components - like used in the Focus scanner or other electronic devices - are sensitive to gamma radiation.
- Degradation of the electronic components depends on the intensity and duration of the radioactive exposure. We cannot estimate the resulting reduction in service life.
- The Focus scanner does not have radiation hardening by design. Exposure to abnormal nuclear radiation should be avoided.