When taking scans with the FARO® Laser Scanner, you may receive error code 1451, pictured below. There are a number of possible solutions to this problem, and all are explored in detail in this article.
Adjust the Intensity Setting
Try adjusting the intensity setting on your scanner.
- On your Laser Scanner, go to Manage > Profiles > Advanced Settings > Distance Range.
- Try taking scans on all settings from Near to Far to see if this error still occurs.
Reset to Factory Settings
If adjusting the intensity setting does not resolve the issue, try resetting your Laser Scanner to Factory Settings.
- On your Laser Scanner, go to Manage > Service > Factory Settings.
- Click Reset.
- Scan again.
Update Your Firmware
If this resetting your Laser Scanner to Factory Settings does not resolve the issue, you may need to update your firmware. Click here to learn how.
If all of the above solutions do not resolve the issue, there are a few other possibilities to explore.
- The Laser Scanner may be too cold. Try moving it to a warmer location.
- The optics on the device may be dirty. Click here to learn how to clean the lenses of your Laser Scanner.
Send in Your Log File
If you have tried all of these fixes, and the problem still persists, send in your log file to support to find out if the unit needs to come in for service.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Technical Specification Sheet for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
lines, rings, SCENE