General Safety Information
• Read this User's Manual carefully and refer to it. Pay close attention to all warnings and follow the instructions step by step.
• CAUTION: Do not open the housing. You can damage the product by opening the housing, which will affect the product's warranty.
• Servicing and repair must only be done by qualified service personnel authorized by FARO.
• Unplug this product from the power outlet, remove the battery and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
• The power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
• The product has been exposed to rain, water, or other liquids.
• The product has been dropped or damaged in any way.
• Objects have fallen onto the product.
• The product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions.
• The product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
• The required service and calibration date is reached.
• Do not use parts which have not been supplied or recommended by FARO.
• Only replacement parts authorized by FARO may be used according to the instructions obtained from FARO. For a list of available replacement parts, see “Available Replacement Parts” on page 113.
• Do not expose the product to extreme temperatures. The ambient temperature should not be lower or higher than given in the specifications. Do not use the Focus3D near heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
• Do not immerse the product into water. Liquid in the product's enclosure can lead to damage, fire, or electric shocks.
• Do not use the Focus3D in vicinity of strong magnetic or electrical fields.
• Before operating the scanner in hazardous areas, please contact the local safety authorities and safety experts.
• For outdoor use, please use the PowerBlock battery as the power supply and ensure that the device is protected from rain or spray water. The scanner should be used in a non-condensing environment.
• When the product is transferred from a cold to a significantly warmer environment, water may condense on some elements inside the scanner. To avoid this, we recommend placing the scanner in an airtight plastic bag before bringing it from a cold to a significantly warmer environment. This allows the condensation to form on the bag and not inside the scanner. If you do not have
the possibility to pack the scanner airtight, please wait until observable condensation water evaporates from the scanner before switching the Focus3D on.
• Properly dispose of the product and batteries in accordance to the national regulations. For more information, see also “Product Environmental Information” on page 121.
General Safety Information