If you cannot successfully connect to the internet or have other issues that stop you from using the automatic update, you can manually install the firmware update for the FARO® Laser Scanner FocusM 70, FocusS 70, FocusS 150, and FocusS 350. If you can connect to the internet, please click here for automatic update instructions.
Without the right firmware installed on your computer, your FARO scanner might not work correctly. When FARO releases new firmware or FARO® SCENE software you may have to upgrade the firmware installed on your computer and scanner. The firmware latest version is compatible with any model of the supported hardware and software listed here.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your scanner.
The latest version of the Focus M70 and Focus S70/S150/S350 firmware is 188.8.131.521, released 22 Oct 2018.
- Click here to download the firmware.
- After you have download the latest firmware, write down the version number that has the format x.x.x.xxxxx in the .LsSetup file name.
- Transfer .LsSetup file from the computer to the scanner to begin the update.
- Confirm results.
What is New
Click here to download the latest release notes and get details about what has changed.
Who Needs This Upgrade
If your scanner was serviced by FARO after 22 Oct 2018, the latest firmware was loaded by the service technician. You can check the firmware version number to be sure you have the latest.
- On the Scanner, go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- If the firmware version number is 184.108.40.2061, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
If you have an earlier version, upgrade the firmware as instructed in this article.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||This procedure may take up to 60 minutes and must not be interrupted or the upgrade may not work..|
SCENE 6.2 and later
Transfer .LsSetup file From the Computer to the Scanner
- Take the SD card out of the scanner and put it into your computer.
- Open the SD card with Windows Explorer. At the top level, there are at least two folders: Preview and Scans. You may also have an Updates folder. If it exists, delete it. Make sure that you do not use the existing Updates folder.
- Create a new Updates folder at the top level. Make sure you capitalize the U.
- Copy the .LsSetup file into the new Updates folder and rename the file to firmware.LsSetup.
- Remove the SD card from your computer using the Windows safe removal option, and put the SD card into the scanner.
- The scanner will perform an initial check of the update file. This may take a minute or two. Wait until the SD card icon in the header bar stops flashing and disappears.
Install the firmware update
- Ensure that your scanner has a fully charged battery, then using the scanner's power supply, plug the scanner into an electrical power socket. This ensures that if there is a power outage the upgrade will not be interrupted.
- From the scanner's Home screen, navigate to Manage > Service > Firmware Update.
- Make sure that the Enable Online Updates switch is in its OFF position.
- Select Search for Updates Now.
- If the firmware update on the SD card is newer than the currently installed firmware, a message will appear that shows the version number of the update. If you want to install the update select Install.
- As soon as the update is transferred from the SD card to the scanner's internal memory, the installation will begin automatically. Do not power down the scanner during the update process!
- The scanner will reboot and the message “Installing system update...” will appear on the scanner’s display.
- After a few minutes, the scanner will reboot again, this time showing the message “Updating Firmware...”. This step may take up to 30 minutes.
- When the update is complete, the scanner will reboot again and the message “Firmware installed successfully” will appear on the scanner’s display.
Check that the correct revision number appears.
- Go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- Check that the Firmware Revision version number matches the latest: 220.127.116.111.
Your scanner is ready to use.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Quick Start Guides for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Firmware and Installation Instructions for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Technical Specification Sheet for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Where can I download the technical specifications for FARO SCENE
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of FARO SCENE software
- Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of the FARO SCENE User Manuals
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new