The Focus Laser Scanners can be mounted inverted (i.e., upside down), using these guidelines:
- You must create/fabricate a custom mounting plate. There are threaded holes located in the bottom of the scanner base for (1) 3/8-16 and (4) M5 fasteners. See the User Manual (for your model) for additional information and mounting dimensions. The See Also section of this article contains links to the User Manuals.
- Ensure that all mounting screws are equipped with a locking mechanism to prevent unintentional loosening.
- Do not use the FARO Quick Release when mounting the scanner in an inverted position. The scanner could fall and be damaged or cause injury to bystanders.
Focus3D models require a special factory calibration/compensation in order to be used in an inverted application. Contact FARO Support and request a service to compensate your scanner for inverted operation. This service is not covered by your warranty.
FocusM and FocusS Models
FocusM and FocusS models support inverted mounting by default, special factory compensation/calibration is not required.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- User Manual for the Focus3D X30
- User Manuals for the Focus3D X 130 or 130 HDR
- User Manuals for the Focus3D X 330 or 330 HDR
- User Manual for the Focus3D 20/120 and S 20/120
LS mounting, horizontal, bracket, mounting schematic, mounting specifications, upside-down position, upside-down orientation