If you cannot successfully use automatic update, you can manually install the firmware update for the FARO® Laser Scanner FocusM 70, FocusS 70, FocusS 150, and FocusS 350.
WARNING: Downloading firmware from a source other than explicitly provided by FARO may void your warranty and cause damage to your scanner.
Transfer .LsSetup file From the Computer to the Scanner
The latest version of the Focus M70 and Focus S70/S150/S350 firmware is 18.104.22.1684, released 28 Jan 2019.
- Click here to download the firmware. (Alternate Download Link)
Note: Write down the version number that has the format x.x.x.xxxxx in the .LsSetup file name.
- Insert and open the SD card on your PC. At the top level, there are at least two folders: Preview and Scans. If an Updates folder already exists, delete it.
Note: Do not use an existing Updates folder.
- Create a new Updates folder at the top level. Make sure you capitalize the U.
- Copy the .LsSetup file into the new Updates folder and rename the file to firmware.LsSetup.
- Remove the SD card from your PC, and put the SD card into the scanner.
- The scanner will perform an initial check of the update file. This may take a minute or two. Wait until the SD card icon in the header bar stops flashing and disappears.
Install the firmware update
- Ensure that your scanner has a fully charged battery and is plugged in. This ensures that if there is a power outage the upgrade will not be interrupted.
- From the scanner's Home screen, navigate to Manage > Service > Firmware Update.
- Make sure that the Enable Online Updates switch is in its OFF position.
- Select Search for Updates Now.
- If the firmware update on the SD card is newer than the currently installed firmware, a message will appear that shows the version number of the update. If you want to install the update select Install.
- As soon as the update is transferred from the SD card to the scanner's internal memory, the installation will begin automatically. Do not power down the scanner during the update process.
- The scanner will reboot and the message “Installing system update...” will appear on the scanner’s display.
- After a few minutes, the scanner will reboot again, this time showing the message “Updating Firmware...”. This step may take up to 30 minutes.
- When the update is complete, the scanner will reboot again and the message “Firmware installed successfully” will appear on the scanner’s display.
- Confirm results.
- Go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- Check that the Firmware Revision version number matches the latest: 22.214.171.1244.
Click here to download the latest release notes.
Who Needs This Upgrade
If your scanner was serviced by FARO after 28 Jan 2019, the latest firmware was loaded by the service technician. You can check the firmware version number to be sure you have the latest.
- On the Scanner, go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details.
- If the firmware version number is 126.96.36.1994, you have the latest firmware and no further action is necessary.
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Quick Start Guides for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Firmware and Installation Instructions for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, what's new