Damaged or worn Power Dock chargers (ACCSS8002), can cause shortened battery life or even battery failure. See Battery Charging and Power Dock Charger Issues with the Focus Laser Scanner for PowerDock charger inspection information before operation of the PowerDock charger.
|The table below lists the various states of the charging status LED on the PowerDock ACCS-PWR-0013 and ACCSS8002 models.|
|LED Color - No Power Supply Connected||LED Color - With Power Supply Connected||Charge Level|
|Violet||Violet - Flashing||<5%|
|Red||Red- Flashing||>5% - >15%|
|Orange||Orange - Flashing||>15% - >25%|
|Yellow||Yellow - Flashing||>25% - >95%|
|Green||Green - Flashing||>95%|
|Green||Green - Solid (fully charged)||~100%|
|n/a||White||No battery detected|
Always make sure power is applied to the PowerBlock charger before attempting to determine the battery state.
|Cyan (Light Blue)||
PowerDock Charger Best Practices and Usage Guidelines
- Do not leave batteries on the PowerDock while it is not connected to its power supply. This can cause the battery to discharge and enter a deep discharge state (ACCSS8002 models only).
- The PowerDock is very lightweight, be sure to “secure” the PowerDock so that it doesn’t slide or fall. The use of an anti-skid/slip mat or similar material can be used to help secure it on smooth surfaces such as a desktop or countertop.
- Only use the power supply/power brick supplied with the FARO Scanner to power the PowerDock charger. Use of other power supplies may damage the PowerDock charger or the battery.
- Do not charge any batteries other than the FARO PowerBlock batteries in the FARO PowerDock charger.
- Regularly check plug, cord and the charger itself. See Battery Charging and Power Dock Charger Issues with the Focus Laser Scanner for more information. In case of damage, discontinue use immediately.
- Do not bring metal objects into contact with the charger terminals. The terminals may short circuit and generate heat in this condition.
- To avoid electrical shock, use the charger and the power supply unit in dry indoor environments only.
- Do not operate the charger in an environment allowing exposure to moisture, combustible fluids or gases.
- The charger should be kept in a dry room, out of the reach of children.
- For best battery performance, an ambient temperature of +5°C (+41°F) to +40°C (+104°F) is recommended. In colder or warmer locations, battery performance and operation time may temporarily decrease.
- Charge within limits of 0°C (+32°F) and +45°C (+113°F) temperature.
- Recommended charging temperatures: +10°C (+50°F) to +30°C (+86°F).
- Discharge within limits of -20°C (-4°F) and 60°C (140°F) temperature.
- Recommended operating temperatures: +5°C (+41°F) to +40°C (+104°F).
- Storage temperatures: -20°C (-4°F) to +45°C (+113°F), storage humidity range: 0% to 80%.
- For additional storage and charging guidelines refer to: Lithium Ion Battery Maintenance Guidelines
- Insert or remove batteries from the laser scanner in dry and dust-free environments only.
- Do not use wet or dirty batteries in the FARO Laser Scanner or with the charger.
- When the FARO Laser Scanner is not in use for a longer period of time, remove the battery.
- Store in a well-ventilated area. Do not store with metal objects. A short circuit can cause a fire.
- Charge the battery the day it is to be used or on the day before. A charged battery that is unused, will gradually lose power over time.
- If the battery becomes exhausted quickly after being fully charged, replace it with a new one.