The FARO® Laser Scanner Quick Release (FARO Part #: ACCSS8031) allows you to easily attach and detach the laser scanner from your tripod. Using the steps in this article you can install the quick release components to the scanner and tripod. Once the components are installed, just lower the scanner onto the tripod base plate, turn the scanner to orient it relative to what you want to scan, and tighten the thumbscrew to lock the scanner to the tripod.
The Quick Release Package (FARO Part #: ACCSS8031) comes with the following components.
- 1 x Part A - Scanner Mount (Focus)
- 1 x Part B - Coupling (with int. 5/8” thread)
- 1 x Part C - Base Plate w/Graduated Dial
- 1 x Part D - Thread Adapter 5/8” to 3/8” (shipped pre-installed into Part B)
- 1 x Hex Key (4 mm)
- Verify that all four hooks on the Scanner Mount (A) are in their fully retracted position. If necessary, using the provided hex key, loosen the screws until the hooks are in the correct position as shown below.
- Position the Scanner Mount (A) on the base of the Laser Scanner as shown. Using the provided 4mm hex key tighten the four screws in a criss-cross pattern as shown. Continue tightening in this pattern until all screws are snug, do not exceed 1.5Nm (13in-lb).
- Extend the legs of the tripod and lock the leg angle clips.
- Ensure that the tripod is stable, the feet are secure, and the platform is as level as possible.
- Remove any previously installed adapters or mounting plates.
- Verify the mounting stud of the tripod is a 3/8 thread. If the mounting stud is a 5/8 thread, the Thread Adapter (D) should be removed from the Coupling (B) using the provided 4mm hex key.
- Place and center the Base Plate w/Graduated Dial (C) onto the tripod platform.
- Thread the Coupling (B) onto the tripod threaded stud and tighten firmly using a 5/16 or 8mm hex key (not provided).
- Check that the base plate is securely attached to the tripod platform.
Attach Base Plate to Tripod (ACCSS8032)
- Before attaching the mount to the tripod baseplate, remove the protective covering from the tripod baseplate screw.
- Attach the mount in the same manner as depicted above.
- Ensure the thumbscrew is loosened enough so that it does not interfere with the mounting of the scanner.
- Holding the scanner above the tripod, lower the scanner onto the tripod over the Coupling (B).
- Rotate the scanner to orient it relative to the location you want to scan.
- Tighten the thumbscrew until the scanner is securely locked onto the tripod.
- Check that the scanner and tripod are correctly locked gently lifting up on the bottom of the scanner. If it stays attached to the tripod the scanner is secure.
- Check the inclinometer and adjust your tripod to make sure it is secure and level before you begin your scan project.
- If you are setting up the tripod on a natural surface, replace the rubber tripod feet with spikes for increased stability.
- Periodically check the tightness of the quick release on the tripod.
- Never force the laser scanner to turn without releasing the thumb screw.
- Remove the laser scanner before moving the tripod.
- Heat Protection Cover and Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- Focus3D Panorama Tripod Quick Release Mount Installation
quick release adapter, setup, install, unpack, quick release appliance, quick release attachment