- Drag a scan folder onto the Welcome Screen.
- Test result icons will appear to the right of the scan name.
- Click a scan and click SHOW REPORT for a detailed report.
The FARO® Scan Verification Tool uses Focus or ScanPlan digital signatures to make sure the raw scans have not been modified.
- Start the tool. The Welcome Screen appears.
- Drag a folder with scans into the ADD FOLDERS window, or click OPEN FOLDER and navigate to the scan folder.
- FARO Focus scans: Drag the scan folder 0xx.fls or the folder containing multiple scans to FARO Scan Verification Tool.
- ScanPlan Projects: Drag the project folder to FARO Scan Verification Tool.
- The scans will automatically be processed, and the result of the verification shown.
|Icon||Available for Scan Folders||Available for Scan Files||Status|
|Yes||Yes||Unknown/not yet processed|
|Yes||Yes||Failure for whatever reason|
|Yes||No||A hash/signature file; not part of the hashed scan|
Select a scan and click SHOW REPORT to view a detailed report of the scan verification result.
You can save the displayed report as a text file by clicking Save and specifying the directory and filename of a report file.
Signature Verification Key
On startup, the default public key for RSA signature verification, installed together with the tool, is loaded. If the key file is missing or was corrupted, the tool detects this and prompts you to open another key file.
If the scan verification process is started without a valid key, a partial verification can be performed, but the actual digital signature verification will fail.
Once a valid key is loaded, you can see its properties by clicking Tools > Signature-check key details.