This article provides the procedure on how to connect to the Quantum series FaroArm® or ScanArm® via Bluetooth using Windows 10.
Note: Please first establish a connection to the FaroArm via USB in order to use alternative connection methods, such as Bluetooth.
- On your FaroArm or ScanArm, press the Bluetooth button. See image below for reference.
- On your PC, click Start icon and then Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Under Bluetooth & other devices, ensure Bluetooth is turned on and click, Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Under Add a Device, click Bluetooth.
- Find your FaroArm on the list by its serial number, located on your Arm. See image below for reference.
- Enter the pin, 'faro' and click Connect.
- Your device should be paired and ready to go. Click Done.
- Return to the Bluetooth & other devices window. On the right hand side of the page, click Devices and printers.
- On the next window, under the 'Unspecified' section, locate your FaroArm by its serial number.
- Right-click and select Properties, then in the Services tab, take note of which serial port is being used, likely COM3 or COM4. Click OK.
Note: The port number can be different for everyone, depending on how many Bluetooth devices are being used.
- Open FaroArm manager. The FaroArm Manager is included with the FaroArm driver installation. If you don't have this software installed, click here to download and install the latest driver.
- On the bottom right, click the Adapters drop down menu and select Bluetooth.
- Under Devices, use the drop down menu to select the COM port previously noted in step 11.
- Click the + icon to connect to the FaroArm.
- You should be prompted by the FaroArm manager that your Bluetooth is now connected.
See image below for what a successful connection looks like.