An 8000000f Error Code can occur due to the Range Finder Laser setting being turned off with the Prizm Laser Line Probe.
When using the Prizm LLP, the Ranger Finder Laser setting must be enabled before powering down the FaroArm. Otherwise, the setting will be saved and the 8000000f error will occur every time the Prizm LLP is attached. Once the error occurs, it is not possible to access the Laser Line Probe settings to correct the issue manually.
The following utility will set the Range Finder Laser to enabled, eliminate the 8000000f error, and allow normal use of the Prizm LLP.
- Install the Prizm LLP on the FaroArm and connect the FaroArm to your computer (via USB). It is not necessary to open/run the FaroArm Manager software.
- Download the Enable Laser Range Finder Utility.
- Once you have downloaded the utility, simply run the “EnableLaserRangeFinder.exe” file.
- Once executed, it will report back either “Enabled” or Failed”. If failed, try running it again.
- If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Customer Support for additional information.
A permanent fix will be provided in an upcoming LLP firmware update.