In the unfortunate circumstance that your FARO® equipment needs to be serviced, use the following checklist to facilitate your service and assure proper diagnosis of your FaroArm®:
- Has the arm been used with any external devices? List any touch triggers, scanners, and any device that can be connected to the options port.
- If so, remove them, reboot the arm and try using the arm again. Did the error/issue remain?
- Do you ever use a Renishaw Probe with the arm?
- If yes, were you using the Renishaw probe when the issue occurred?
- Is there any vibration or hum in the environment? (Items that cause such environmental changes can have an effect on equipment) If so, move the arm to an environment where there is none, and try the arm again.
- Include digital pictures of your setup, power source, grounding, and cable connections. (Pictures depicting the setup mounting of the FARO equipment as well how it is being used).
- Include the event log file and screen shots for review (For Error Codes Only).
- Screen shot
- Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. (This will copy the screen)
- Open Microsoft Word or Paint and paste the screen shot inside to send.
- Event Log (most common way to generate the log)
- Create Event (or Error) Log Package.
- You will be prompted to send the file to FARO - Click OK.
- Save the file to your desktop to send to FARO.
- You may need to pull the event log off the computer.
- Screen shot
- What software type and version is being used?
- What computer brand and model is being used?
- What specific application is it being used when this issue occurred?
- If there are any delays, was the equipment used during the time no errors were recorded?
- Once you have completed the above information, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This information will allow your FARO Support representative to properly diagnose the issues with your arm. FARO Support requires this information prior to issuing a RMA for a service.
Keywords: diagnosis, questionnaire