Here is all your have to do. See below for details.
- Manually uninstall the existing driver by deleting the files listed in the procedure.
- Install the new driver that is best for your computing environment.
If while you are installing the USB FaroArm driver you receive an error message saying a later version of the driver is already installed on this computer, you cannot continue with the driver installation until you remove the existing USB FaroArm driver and reinstall a new one.
Manually Uninstall the Existing Driver
- From any Windows File Explorer window, click Tools > Folder options.
- In the Folder Options window, click the View tab and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to these directories and remove the files.
- C:\ProgramData\FARO Technologies
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\FARO Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\FARO Shared
- Go to install the NewDriver to continue.
Install the New Driver
- Go to Where can I download the latest and earlier versions of the USB FaroArm or FARO Gage driver and its What's New document? to get the driver that is best for your computing environment, as explained in this article.
- Go to How can I upgrade the FaroArm USB driver?, the Install the New Driver section, to continue. Skip the Uninstalled the Existing Driver section because you already did that manually.