FARO Bluetooth Connection Issues
You have setup your connection using your platform specific Bluetooth Wizard and the FARO Bluetooth Connection Setup utility, but software application does not find the FaroArm.
- Make sure the FaroArm is receiving power and the On/Off switch is set to ON. When the On/Off switch is first set to ON, the blue LED on the front of the arm should blink momentarily.
- If you are using a Bluetooth USB dongle make sure it is plugged into a USB port. Also make sure the software associated with the dongle is running. If you are unsure about this, contact the vendor who supplied the Bluetooth hardware and software.
- Open the platform specific Bluetooth Wizard and make sure the FaroArm is still in the list. If not, refresh the list. If the FaroArm is switched on and the PC's Bluetooth hardware is connected correctly, and the connection is still unavailable contact customer service.
- Open the platform specific Bluetooth Wizard and check which COM port is configured with the FaroArm.
- Open the FARO Bluetooth Connection Setup utility program and confirm the COM port setting. Ensure it matches the same port in the platform specific Bluetooth Wizard list. Click OK. If the test passes, the FaroArm should work normally. If the test fails, contact FARO customer service. If the test passes but your software still does not connect, make sure your FaroArm driver software is current.
The latest driver software may be on a separate CD-ROM that came with your Bluetooth equipped FaroArm, or any other FARO software package. If you are unsure about what version of the FaroArm driver you are running contact your Customer Service Representative by Phone, Fax or E-Mail. See “Technical Support” on page 93 of the USB FaroArm Manual.
You are within the maximum 30' Bluetooth range, but cannot get a reliable connection.
- Bluetooth works with a radio frequency, or RF, signal which can be blocked by obstructions. Metallic obstructions are especially degrading to the signal. For best results, ensure you have a clear path between your computer and the FaroArm.
For more information, please see the attached Bluetooth Document as well as the USB FaroArm Manual. Click here to download: FaroArm - Bluetooth