Many wonder how often to send their FARO® device to the factory for recertification, calibration, cleaning, maintenance, or servicing.
In accordance with FARO's ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation covering calibration procedures, FARO does not include a Calibration Due Date on calibration certificates for our products. Nor do we specify a time interval for calibration, certification, or service. It is a best practice to define conservative and consistent calibration and servicing intervals based on your frequency of use, environmental conditions, corporate quality standards, and general project requirements.
Something to consider is that your FARO device is a precision tool. Sending it to the factory for periodic re-certification, calibration, and service enhances its performance and accuracy. A yearly certification service is included in most FARO warranty plans. To get this service, contact FARO Support and schedule it within the time frame stated in your warranty.
- What is Included in the Standard, Premium, and Premium Plus Warranty Plans for FARO devices
- Get a Copy of Your Warranty Renewal Certificate
- What is Included in the 15-Point Check and Factory Service for the FaroArm or FARO
- Annual Certification and 15-Point Check for FaroArm
- Information Included in FaroArm Calibration Certificate
- Standards Used for Certifying a FaroArm or Gage
- ASME B89.4.19 System Calibration for the FARO Laser Tracker
- What is Included in the Factory Certification of a Laser Tracker SMR
- Certificates of Calibration for SMR Nests or Tooling Used with the Laser Tracker
- What is included in the Factory Service, Certification, or Calibration for the Laser Scanner Focus
- Certification or Repair by Companies Other Than FARO
calibration Interval, Cal interval, cal due date, calibration, re-calibrate, annual calibration, arm calibration, certification, re-certify, FaroArm, ScanArm, Laser Line Probe, LLP, Gage, Laser Tracker, Imager, AMP, Laser Scanner, Freestyle, accessories, tooling, SMRs, nests