Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are a sub-requirement of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazard Communication Standard 29 CFR Subpart 1910.1200. This Hazard Communication Standard does not apply to various subcategories including anything defined by OSHA as an “article” of a manufacturing item other than a fluid or particle:
- Which is formed to a specific shape or design during manufacture.
- Which has end functions(s) dependent in whole or in part upon its shape or design during end use.
- Which, under normal conditions of use does not more than very small quantities, e.g. minute or trace amounts of a hazardous chemical, and does not pose a physical hazard or health risk to employees.
Because the USB FaroArm batteries are defined as “articles”, they are exempt from the requirements of Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR, subpart 1910.1200; and a MSDS is not required.
- Material Safety Data Sheets for Accessories Used with FARO Products
- Warranty Policies for Hardware Operating Inside a Nuclear Facility
hazard, danger, regulation, scanarm