You should mount the indicator as high as possible, but low enough so that the counterbalance or decelerator does not contact the indicator as it is spun around encoder 1 or the encoder at the base.
1) Mount the FaroArm on the surface.
2) Torque down the locking ring or all the hex bolts with the Allen key.
3) Tighten down the probe with a wrench over finger tight.
4) With the Faro Arm in it's rest position, mount the dial indicator so that it rests against the base of the arm.
5) Reset the dial indicator so that it reads zero.
6) Pull the arm off rest and move the arm around it's volume while reading the dial indicator.
7) Move the indicator to a new location (i.e. 45 or 90 degrees).
The dial indicator should show no movement while the arm is being moved around its volume.
Keywords: deflection, serial arm, accuracy, silver arm, gold arm, usb arm