If you experience stress warnings on encoders #1, #3, and #7 that do not go away or interfere with measurements, the stress warning limits need to be increased. This article shows you how to do this.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||15 minutes|
|Supported hardware||FARO Edge|
Reset the Stress Limits
- Contact FARO Support, reference this article, and describe the Stress Warning you are experiencing. Have the serial number of your FARO Edge available. FARO Support will give you a .zip file that contains an executable file named FaroUsbFlashUpdate_xxxxx.exe.
- Connect the Edge to your computer using a USB cable and turn it on.
- On the computer, extract the .zip file and run the .exe file. A progress bar appears.
Do not turn off the Edge or the computer while this program is running.
- When the application is finished, the progress bar displays “Updated successfully.”
- Open your measurement software and repeat what you were doing that caused the warning.
- Confirm that Stress Warning no longer appears.
If the warning persists, work with FARO Support to send your FARO Edge in for factory servicing.
- What things can affect the accuracy of the FaroArm encoders or cause defects that can only be fixed by the FARO factory
- What are the consequences of losing a degree of freedom while using the FaroArm
- Where can I download the Latest USB FaroArm Driver
- How can I upgrade the FaroArm USB driver
- Where can I find the FARO Edge and Laser ScanArm Manual
end stop warning, error warning, error code, red highlight, red markers