One of the FARO Edge's newest additions is the ability to connect via a Wireless internet connection.
To connect to a FARO Edge via Wifi,
- Ensure the FARO Edge is emitting a Wireless signal.
- At the main menu, choose Settings
- Choose Connection
- Click the Wifi radio button
- Choose Wifi to PC/Laptop
- Give the FARO Edge 20-30 seconds for the Wifi signal to enable
- Ensure that the connecting computer's Wifi card is enabled
- In the lower right corner of the taskbar, look for the Wifi icon and search for available networks. A network signal should be available that is the serial number of the FARO Edge
- Connect to the FARO Edge network signal
- Go to Start > Programs > FARO > (Your FARO Software) > FARO Ethernet Setup
- The window may ask you to "Choose a Host Adapter" Use the drop down at the top of the window to choose your Wifi card (will most likely have the word WLAN in the title)
- As soon as you choose an adapter, the FARO Edge should be listed. Click the checkbox to the left to enable connectivity. Then push OK.
- Any software that communicates to the FARO Edge will automatically connect to the Edge and you should see a status dialog informing the user that a FARO Edge will be connecting via "FARO Ethernet"
wifi, faro edge, wireless, ethernet