Focus3D Scanner displays error code 1820 when the Inclinometer calibration is not present. This occurs when an Inclinometer parameter has become corrupt. If you get this error code, please contact FARO Support to send your Focus3D to the factory for servicing. Tell the Support Agent that you are receiving error code 1820.
To complete your current work, here is what you can do. This is not a long term solution, but it will work in the short-term.
- Turn off the Inclinometer. On the Focus3D, tap Home > Manage > Sensors > Inclinometer and toggle the Use Inclinometer switch to the Off position. For details, see the FARO Focus X 330 User Manual and search the PDF using keyword inclinometer.
- Level the scans manually using SCENE. The FARO SCENE User Manuals provide details about how to do this. First search the PDF using keyword phrase level scan and then inclinometer to see all the details.
- Where can I get global FARO technical support and what are the hours of availability
- What is included in the Manufacturer's Standard Warranty and warranty plans for FARO software
- What is included when I send my FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D to the factory for maintenance, re-calibration, and certification service, and how often should I do this