The memory card that came with your FARO® Laser Scanner is correctly formatted and can be used immediately with your scanner and SCENE. Any other memory card must be correctly formatted before you use it.
The scanner and SCENE can read data from SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards with a storage capacity of up to 64 GB. The speed of the memory card must be Class 6 or better, and its temperature range should be from -20° C (-4° F) to 85° C (185° F).
All memory cards used with the scanner and SCENE must be formatted as FAT 32 file systems regardless of their size or rating. Although there are many ways to format memory cards, the most reliable way is to use the scanner's Format function.
For information about using memory cards with the laser scanner, see the user manual for your model scanner. The See Also section has links to all the different scanner model user manuals. Once you have downloaded the manual for your scanner model, search for SD card.
- User Manual for SCENE
- User Manual for the Focus M70 and S70/S150/S350
- User Manual for the Focus3D X30
- User Manuals for the Focus3D X 130 or 130 HDR
- User Manuals for the Focus3D X 330 or 330 HDR
- User Manual for the Focus3D 20/120 and S 20/120
- Can I delete or format my SD card that I use with my FARO Focus 3D without damaging it
- What should I do if the scan data stored on my Focus3D SD card seems to have disappeared, is lost, or I cannot open the scan data project
- When attempting to take a scan with my Focus 3D, I receive an error "Scanning is not possible without SD Card. Please insert an SD card into the scanner." What do I do
- What does the error code 1020 for the Focus 3D mean
- What can I do if when I try to open my SCENE project, it does not open or I get error code 33797
memory, storage, data, SD card formatting, SDHC card formatting, SDXC card formatting