Here is all you have to do. Click a link to get details.
The latest FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D firmware enables you to quickly and easily access the Focus3D Home screen using only your mobile device wireless connection and web browser. Just place theFocus3D in a location and position that provides the best quality scan. Then, directly control the Focus3D from anywhere that is within the range of your mobile device wireless connection.
With this update, the Adobe Flash Player is no longer required. This firmware is officially released and supported. As of December 2014, the mobile device control feature is actively in beta testing.
Caption: Controlling the Focus3D in the field with a mobile tablet
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||To update the driver and connect the mobile device to the Focus3D could take up to an hour including the download time.
To make the connection only takes 15 minutes or less.
|Compatibility||Safari on the iOS, Android browser, Chrome on Windows mobile devices|
|Supported Hardware||FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D
Make Sure the Focus3D is Using the Latest Firmware
- On the Focus3D, go to Manage > General Settings > Scanner Details and write down the number in the Firmware Revision field.
- Click here and compare that number to the version number listed for the Focus3D Firmware Update.
For the Focus3D X 30/130/330 use the Focus3D X Firmware Update version number.
For the Focus3D S 20/120 use the Focus3D Firmware Update version number.
- If the numbers match, you are already using the latest firmware and can continue with step 5. If they do not match, you need to upgrade the firmware by continuing with step 4.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware.
For Focus3D X 130/330 click click here.
For Focus3D S 20/120 click click here.
- Continue to Connect the Mobile Device to the Focus3D and Access the Home Screen.
Connect the Mobile Device to the Focus3D and Access the Home Screen
- On the Focus3D, go to Manage > General Settings > WLAN and write down the IP address, Port number, Network Name, and Encryption Key. Check that the WLAN Status is on. The toggle button should be green. For information about these settings, see the FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D manual, Chapter 6, the WLAN/Connecting to the Scanner Via WLAN section.
- On your mobile device, make sure that the wireless setting is on.
- In the wireless settings network list, select the Focus3D network name you wrote down earlier.
- When prompted, enter the Encryption Key you wrote down earlier.
- Open a web browser and go to http://<PutScannerIPAddressHere>:<PortNumberHere>/ui/. For example, http://172.17.16.23:8400/ui/.
The browser displays the Focus3D Home screen. For some browsers, it may be necessary to allow blocked content.
See the FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D manual for information about how to control the Focus3D.
- Where can I download the FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D X 130 Manual
- iPod Touch / iPhone Connect Issues with FARO Laser Scanner LS Workaround.--000001182
- How do I configure my iPhone / iPod Touch with the FARO Photon Laser Scanner LS
connectivity, wi-fi, wifi, wlan, lan, network, connect, connection, blue tooth, bluetooth, bluetoth, apple, flash, adobe, flv, browser