SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards with a size up to 64 GB have been verified to operate with the scanner. We recommend using cards with a capacity of at least 4 GB. The speed of the card should be Class 6 or better, and its temperature range should be from - 20°C (-4°F) to 85°C (185°F). Format the memory card as FAT32.
CAUTION: To optimize your memory card, FARO recommends using the SD memory card formatting feature on board the Focus3D rather than a generic formatting feature that comes with your computer's operating system. You can also use SD Formatter made by the SD Card Association.
For details about the correct memory card to use with the Focus3D and how to use the Focus3D SD memory card formatting feature, see the SD Memory Card section of your Focus3D User Manual.
- If you use the latest Focus3D X30/130/330, click here for links to download User Manuals.
- If you use the earlier legacy Focus3D S20/120, click here click here to download User Manuals.
- Can I delete or format my SD card that I use with my FARO Focus 3D without damaging it
- When attempting to take a scan with my Focus 3D, I receive an error "Scanning is not possible without SD Card. Please insert an SD card into the scanner." What do I do
- What does the error code 1020 for the Focus 3D mean
- What can I do if when I try to open my SCENE project, it does not open or I get error code 33797
- What should I do if the scan data stored on my Focus3D SD card seems to have disappeared, is lost, or I cannot open the scan data project
Focus3D, memory, storage, data, SD card formatting tools