Work in Progress as of 8/15
In this 3-minute YouTube tutorial, learn how to install the Quick Release on the tripod.
The FARO® FocusM and FocusS Quick Release allows you to quickly mount and dismount the Focus on your tripod. Using the steps in this article you should be able install the quick release on your tripod and start scanning.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.Back to top
NOTE to Author: Change this for the Focus S & M
- Verify you have these parts in your Panorama Tripod Quick Release package.
- 1 x Mount assembly (two black components and integrated precision washer with knob)
- 1 x Screw (UNC 3/8x2”)
- 4 x Hex Screws (M5x20)
- 1 x He key 4mm
- 1 x Hex key 5/16”
- Optional: 1 x Tribrach to 5/8” adapter
- Remove the scanner from the transport case and lay the scanner on its side on a flat surface.
If you have a scanner transport cover, you can install the Tribrach adapter with the scanner inside the cover. Just lay the cover, with the scanner inside, on its side on a flat surface.
- Place the upper scanner mounting ring on the bottom of the scanner mount so that the four screw holes are aligned. Make sure that the set screw hole is opposite the power inlet.
- Insert and tighten the four screws with the included hex wrench; do not over tighten.
- To install the lower tripod mounting ring, first remove the 5/8-inch screw from the tripod using reasonable torque.
- This allows you to remove the 5/8” thread that you will set aside.
- Re-attach the black piece (pictured above) to the tripod with the lower portion of the quick release. Insert the 5/8-inch screw and tighten until snug with the included hex wrench. Make sure that the numbers on the tripod mounting ring are right-side up.
- Once the tripod mounting ring is secure, place the scanner on the tripod.
- Tighten the set screw to secure the scanner mounting ring to the tripod mounting ring.
Confirm that the quick release is attached and secure on the tripod. Once the quick release and the Focus are secure on the tribot, you are ready to begin your scan project.
If you cannot remove the screw in steps 5 and 6, please do not apply excessive force as it may damage the tripod. Instead, contact FARO Support for instructions.
quick release adapter, setup, install, unpack, set up