The FARO® VantageS and VantageE Laser Trackers are now subject to dangerous goods regulations because of the Class 9 Lithium-Ion batteries that power them.
Click here to download the Hazardous Material Warning document for the FARO® VantageS and VantageE Laser Tracker batteries.
Class 9 Lithium-Ion batteries must be handled, packaged, shipped, and disposed of in accordance with the following regulations:
- Lithium Battery Shipping Guidelines provided by IATA
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT): Title 49 CFR Parts 171-177: Hazardous Materials Regulations
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG)
- Battery Box, Battery Pack, and Charging Base Setup and Use for the Vantage S and Vantage E Laser Trackers
- Material Safety Data Sheets for Accessories Used with FARO Products
hazmat, haz mat, dangerous goods, IATA, power source, transportation, safety requirements, shipping requirements, transportation requirements, disposal, trash, garbage, dump