Without the right firmware, the FARO® Laser Tracker Vantage might not work correctly. When FARO releases new firmware or software, you may have to upgrade the firmware.
TIP: When your Laser Tracker comes back from factory servicing, the factory upgrades the firmware for you.
Click the link to download the latest Vantage Master Control Unit (MCU) Firmware. It may take a few minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in progress.
|13 Jan 2021||
Improvements to reported timestamp during measurements taken with time interval
NOTE: This firmware is not compatible with these Trackers:
- FARO ® VantageS or VantageE Laser Tracker
- FARO® ION® Laser Tracker
- FARO® Laser Tracker X, Xi, Si
Download, Save, and Unzip the Firmware
- After downloading the file, you should see the firmware.zip file in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the .zip file to your storage media.
- Unzip the .zip file and put the firmware .bin file on the desktop.
Connect the Tracker, MCU, and Computer
The Tracker MCU firmware can be installed only when your computer is connected to the Tracker using a direct Ethernet connection. You cannot update the firmware using a wireless connection between the computer and the Tracker.
- Connect the main power/communication cable between the Tracker head and MCU.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the MCU and the computer.
- Connect the AC power cord to the MCU.
- Turn on the MCU. Wait approximately one minute until the Tracker completes its boot cycle.
Verify Firmware Compatibility
- From the Windows Start menu click Programs > FARO > FARO Utilities x.x. > FARO Utilities.
- In the Tracker Index Number field, type the last four digits of the Tracker serial number and click Connect.
- Click OK to connect to the Tracker. After the connection is complete, a new Utilities screen appears.
- Click Diagnostics and select the Version Info tab. Verify that the versions of firmware listed meet these compatibility requirements.
- Payload: Version 18.104.22.168 or higher
- Azimuth Servo: Version 22.214.171.124 or higher
- Zenith Servo: Version 126.96.36.199 or higher
- If the version numbers are not compatible, contact FARO Support to send your Tracker in for servicing.
Load the Firmware
- In FARO Utilities, click Firmware Loader… .
- Click Browse and navigate to your desktop where you stored the firmware .bin file.
- Click Install Firmware. The firmware Installer connects to the MCU to transfer the new firmware file to the MCU. Do not turn the Tracker off at this time, as that can damage the MCU.
- When loading is complete, a confirmation notification appears. Click OK to acknowledge the notification.
- Click Quit to close the firmware loader and click Disconnect to disconnect the computer from the Tracker.
- Click Close to close FARO Utilities.
Turn the Tracker off and then back on to complete the firmware update and check that your Tracker is operational. Your Tracker is ready to use.
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, MCU firmware,