- Click the link in this table to download the latest firmware to the computer you use with your Vantage Laser Tracker.
Date Version Download 08/29/2016 1.1.9
- Unzip the firmware file
- Connect the Tracker, MCU, and computer
- Verify firmware compatibility
- Load the firmware
- Confirm the results
NOTE: This version of firmware is not compatible with all Vantage Trackers. Click here for details.
Here are some highlights that describe the new features and enhancements in this release.
- Fixed a Startup Checks bug that did not recognize plugging in an external temperature sensor after launching it. Also fixed a bug that would prevent other applications from launching when cancelled during warmup.
- Fixed bugs in the Tracker Pad related to Camera Drive and Visual Drive that sometimes causes the Tracker to jump when the arrow keys are used.
- CompIT app now supports a custom path for storing the log files when launched programmatically through the SDK.
- When the default location for storing the log files is not accessible, the CompIT app now automatically verifies if the C:\FARO_COMPIT_DATA folder can be used for logging before requesting a new folder.
This 4-minute YouTube video made by FARO Asia shows what you can do with the Vantage Laser Tracker and highlights some of its more powerful features.
And do not forget how you can pair your FARO Laser Tracker with the FARO ScanArm Edge to measure both large volumes and the small details all at the same time. You will not miss a thing with this combination FARO TrackArm setup. This 3-minute YouTube video shows you what the workflow looks like.
Without the right firmware, the FARO Laser Tracker Vantage might not work correctly. When FARO releases new firmware or software, you may have to upgrade the firmware.
TIP: When your Laser Tracker comes back from factory servicing, the factory upgrades the firmware for you.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
|Supported Software||Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP with Service Pack 3|
|Supported Hardware||FARO Laser Tracker Vantage
NOTE: This firmware is not compatible with the Laser Tracker ION. Click here to download the ION, Si, X, and Xi firmware.
Download, Save, and Unzip the Firmware
- Download the firmware.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in progress.
When the download is complete, you should see the firmware.zip file in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the .zip file to your storage media for safe keeping.
- Unzip the .zip file and put the firmware .bin file on the desktop.
- Go to Connect the Tracker, MCU, and Computer to continue.
Connect the Tracker, MCU, and Computer
The Tracker MCU firmware can be installed only when your computer is connected to the Tracker using a direct Ethernet connection. You cannot update the firmware using a wireless connection between the computer and the Tracker.
- Connect the main power/communication cable between the Tracker head and MCU.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the MCU and the computer.
- Connect the AC power cord to the MCU.
- Turn on the MCU. Wait approximately one minute until the Tracker completes its boot cycle.
- Go to Verify Firmware Compatibility to continue.
Verify Firmware Compatibility
- From the Windows Start menu click Programs > FARO > FARO Utilities x.x. > FARO Utilities.
- In the Tracker Index Number field, type the last four digits of the Tracker serial number and click Connect.
- Click OK to connect to the Tracker. After the connection is complete, a new Utilities screen appears.
- Click Diagnostics and select the Version Info tab. Verify that the versions of firmware listed meet these compatibility requirements.
- Payload: Version 18.104.22.168 or higher
- Azimuth Servo: Version 22.214.171.124 or higher
- Zenith Servo: Version 126.96.36.199 or higher
- If the version numbers are compatible, go to Load the Firmware to continue. If not, contact FARO Support to send your Tracker in for servicing.
Load the Firmware
- In FARO Utilities, click Firmware Loader… .
- Click Browse and navigate to your desktop where you stored the firmware .bin file.
- Click Install Firmware. The firmware Installer connects to the MCU to transfer the new firmware file to the MCU. Do not turn the Tracker off at this time, as that can damage the MCU.
- When loading is complete, a confirmation notification appears. Click OK to acknowledge the notification.
- Click Quit to close the firmware loader and click Disconnect to disconnect the XX from the Tracker.
- Click Close to close FARO Utilities.
- Go to Confirm Results to continue.
Turn the Tracker off and then back on to complete the firmware update and check that your Tracker is operational. Your Tracker is ready to use.
- Where can I download FARO Utilities
- Where can I download the Laser Tracker Vantage User Manual
- Where can I find a list of all the videos available for the Vantage Laser Tracker
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware, MCU firmware,