- Click the link in this table to download the latest firmware to the computer you use with your FARO® VantageS or VantageE Laser Tracker.
- Download, save and unzip the firmware file
- Connect the Tracker and computer
- Verify firmware compatibility
- Load the firmware
NOTE: This version of firmware cannot be uploaded to all Vantage Trackers. See the Prepare section for details.
What is New
Here are some highlights that describe the new features and enhancements in this release.
- Improved 6Probe pairing reliability
In this 3-minute YouTube tutorial, see how this ease-of-use feature makes your FARO® VantageS or VantageE Laser Tracker easier to use when your workspace has obstructions, you lose the Tracker’s laser beams focus on the spherically mounted retroreflector (SMR), or you are using multiple targets in the same measuring session. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here
And do not forget how you can pair your Tracker with the FARO® ScanArm Edge to measure both large volumes and the small details all at the same time. You will not miss a thing with this combination FARO® TrackArm setup. This 3-minute YouTube video shows you what the workflow looks like. Cannot access YouTube? Download Here
Without the right firmware, the Tracker might not work optimally. When FARO releases new firmware or software, you may have to upgrade the firmware.
TIP: When your Tracker comes back from factory servicing, the factory upgrades the firmware for you.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||30 minutes|
FARO® VantageS or VantageE Laser Tracker
- Download the firmware.
- It may take a few minutes to complete the download. Do not close your browser or shut off your computer while the download is in progress.
When the download is complete, you should see the install-MCU-x.x.x.x.sh.zip file in your browser's download folder.
- Copy the .zip file to your storage media for safe keeping.
- Unzip the .zip file and put the firmware .sh file on the desktop.
- Go to Connect the Tracker and Computer to continue.
The Tracker firmware can be installed only when your computer is connected to the Tracker using a direct Ethernet connection. You cannot update the firmware using a wireless connection between the computer and the Tracker.
- Connect the main power/communication cable to the Tracker.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Tracker and the computer.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Tracker.
- Turn on the Tracker. Wait approximately 3 minutes until the Tracker completes its boot cycle.
- After turning the Tracker on, if the WiFi button is blue, press the button once to completely disable WiFi prior to updating the firmware.
- Go to Verify Firmware Compatibility to continue.
- From the Windows Start menu click Programs > FARO > FARO Utilities x.x. > FARO Utilities.
- In the Tracker Index Number field, type the last four digits of the Tracker serial number and click Connect.
- Click OK to connect to the Tracker. After the connection is complete, a new Utilities screen appears.
- Click Diagnostics and select the Version Info tab. Verify that the MCU version number is 2.x or greater.
- If the MCU version number is correct, go to Load the Firmware to continue. If not, contact FARO Support to send your Tracker in for servicing.
- In FARO Utilities, click Firmware Loader… .
- Click Browse and navigate to your desktop where you stored the firmware .sh file.
- Click Install Firmware. The firmware Installer connects to the Tracker and transfers the new firmware file to the Tracker. Do not turn the Tracker off at this time, as that can damage the Tracker. While uploading the firmware, several of the lights on the Tracker may blink.
- When loading is complete, a confirmation notification appears. Click OK to acknowledge the notification.
- Click Quit to close the firmware loader and click Disconnect to disconnect the computer from the Tracker.
- Click Close to close FARO Utilities.
- Turn the Tracker off, then turn it back on to complete the firmware update.
- Check that your Tracker is operational.
Your Tracker is ready to use.
- Software Download of FARO Utilities for the Laser Tracker
- User Manual for the Vantage S and E Laser Tracker
- Getting Started with ActiveSeek Find Me, Follow Me for the FARO Vantage S or Vantage E Laser Tracker
reinstalling, reinstall, re-install, updating, update, download, latest firmware, current firmware, newest firmware, new firmware