- Obtain Image.bin file from FARO Technologies.
- Copy Image.bin to the C:\ directory on the computers harddrive.
- Connect the MCU to the computer using the Ethernet cable. The tracker head does not need to be connected at this time.
- Plug the power cord into the MCU.
- Turn on the MCU. After about 1 minute for the Link light to come on.
- Open the FARO Utilities by selecting the Start Menu > Programs > FARO > FARO Utilities X.X > FARO Utilities.
- Press the Connect button on the Utilities.
- Press the OK to connect to the tracker. After the connection is complete, all of the buttons on the Utilities will be activated.
- Press the Firmware Loader button on the Utilities.
- Press the browse button to select the image.bin file in the C:\ directory or type “C:\image.bin” in space provided.
- Press the Install Firmware button.
- The Firmware Installer will connect to the MCU and start transferring the new firmware file to the MCU.
- After the file has been transferred, the new firmware will be written into the MCU. DO NOT turn the tracker off at this time. Doing so can result in damage to the MCU.
- After the new firmware is loaded, you will be notified that the new firmware is loaded. Press OK to acknowledge this notification.
- Press Quit to close the Firmware Loader.
- Press the Disconnect button on the Utilities to disconnect from the tracker.
- Press Close to close the Utilities.
- Turn the tracker off and then turn it back on. The MCU will now boot the tracker with the new firmware.
Click here to download: Using the Tracker Firmware Loader - 06REF177-128
Keywords: firmware, load firmware