In certain situations the wireless transmitter in the Laser Tracker MCU is on, but you cannot connect to the computer or the computer does not have a wireless receiver. In this case you
can reset the wireless transmitter and temporarily connect using the cross-wired ethernet cable. There is a wireless reset button inside the MCU. To press the reset button, you need a thin 0.05mm/0.002in metal blade.
Press the Reset Button
- On the right side of the MCU, locate the right set of ventilation slots.
- Insert the blade into the left side of the third ventilation slot from the bottom until you depress the reset switch. The Primary and Secondary indicator lights begin to flash when the switch is correctly depressed.
Reset the MCU
Use this procedure if the wireless is on, you cannot connect to the computer, and you want to turn the wireless off.
- Press and hold the wireless reset button for 1-3 seconds. Notice the Primary and Secondary indicator lights flashing. Release the wireless reset button.
- Connect cross-wired ethernet cable to the MCU and your computer.
- Set the TCP/IP v4 properties of your adapter card (Local Area Connection) to the specific address of 169.254.4.4. Do not use the IP address of the MCU.
- Start FARO Utilities and click the FIND TRACKER button.
- Select the serial number and click the TURN WIRELESS OFF button.
- Power off and power on the MCU. Notice the Notice the Primary and Secondary Indicator lights do not flash during the start up.
- Exit FARO Utilities.
- Set the TCP/IP v4 properties of your adapter card (Local Area Connection) back to the specific address of 18.104.22.168.
limbo, limbo reset, wifi reset, wireless reset,