In certain situations the wireless transmitter in the Laser Tracker MCU is on, but you cannot connect to the computer or the computer does not have a wireless receiver. In this case you can reset the wireless transmitter and temporarily connect using the cross-wired Ethernet cable. There is a wireless reset button inside the MCU. To press the reset button, you need a thin 0.05mm/0.002in metal blade.
Press the Reset Button
- On the right side of the MCU, locate the ventilation slots.
- Insert the blade into one of the long ventilation slots, toward the bottom and before the round solid portion, until you depress the reset switch. The Primary and Secondary indicator lights begin to flash when the switch is correctly depressed.
Note: If you have installed the additional filter kit on the MCU to provide it with improved particle protection, the frame for this filter kit may cover up the final bottom ventilation slot.
Reset the MCU
Use this procedure if the wireless is on, you cannot connect to the computer, and you want to turn the wireless off.
- Press and hold the wireless reset button for 1-3 seconds. Notice the Primary and Secondary indicator lights flashing. Release the wireless reset button.
- Connect cross-wired ethernet cable to the MCU and your computer.
- Set the TCP/IP v4 properties of your adapter card (Local Area Connection) to the specific address of 169.254.4.4. Do not use the IP address of the MCU.
- Start FARO Utilities and click the FIND TRACKER button.
- Select the serial number and click the TURN WIRELESS OFF button.
- Power off and power on the MCU. Notice the Notice the Primary and Secondary Indicator lights do not flash during the start up.
- Exit FARO Utilities.
- Set the TCP/IP v4 properties of your adapter card (Local Area Connection) back to the specific address of 126.96.36.199.
limbo, limbo reset, wifi reset, wireless reset,