A firmware update is required for USC2 and Pipeline 2 products.
The original line of USC and Pipeline products updated the firmware with every start up, but with the stand alone capabilities of the newer USC2 based products you are now required to update the firmware manually when you get a new revision of the software.
- Unplug your USC2 card from the USB port.
- In Run, type: C:\Scanner Applications\Scanner Software\system\sc_usc_server_visible
- You should now be running the Sc_server in visible mode.
- Connect your USC2 card back into the PC's USB port. You should see text fill in the box on the bottom left, as in the image displayed above.
- Click on Flash... and you should see the following:
Note: The values in the fields change with the revision you are currently using and changing to.
6. Click Update System and then Yes, when prompted to continue.
7. Wait for the following process to complete:
8. Finally, click Reconnect to reinitialize your card.