NeWay scanner calibration is accessed from the ScanWay service page. Click Service on the ScanWay welcome page to access the service page.
- Click the Head Calibration on the service page.
- Put the calibration kit inside the scanner in the correct position.
- Select the calibration type from the drop-down menu.
- Recalibration - Fast procedure to update scanner's calibration periodically or to be performed if the scanner is moved to any other location
- Full Calibration - More complex procedure to be performed after a mechanical repair
- Under Master Settings, select the calibration kit name in the Master drop-down menu. If the calibration kit name is not available in the drop-down menu, click Load New Master to add a new kit.
- Click Calibrate.
The calibration procedure is automatic. Once finished, the software will show one of the following messages:
- Scanner Already Calibrated: The calibration is not necessary.
- Scanner Recalibrated Successfully: The calibration has been completed.
- Scanner Recalibration Failed: The calibration has to be repeated.
If the calibration was successful, the Axes Calibration starts automatically.
Axes calibration checks the movement system of the scanner. It begins automatically after a Head Calibration, or it can be started manually by clicking the Axis Calibration icon .
Axes calibration requires the reference rim to complete. Caution: Do not spray any substance on the reference rim, as it could damage the surface.
If the Dynamic Articulation Module is enabled, calibrate with the specific Axis Calibration Object. From that moment on, any recalibration needs to be performed with the same object.
- Click the Axis Calibration icon . The software displays the object needed for calibration.
- Put the calibration object inside the scanner.
- Click OK.
- Click Recalibrate Axis.
- Click OK when prompted
When the calibration is finished, the software will show one of the following messages:
Axes Recalibration Successfull: The calibration has been completed,
Axes Recalibration Successfull, Dynamic Articulation Calibration Failed: The calibration has been completed,but the dynamic articulation positioning will not work. This message shows when the dynamic articulation module is active on the license, but the scanner has been calibrated with a normal stone model.
Axes Recalibration Failed: Calibration has to be repeated.
Color calibration adjusts the scanner camera's color information to display realistic color results.
- Click the color calibration icon .
- When prompted, hold a white piece of paper in front of the cameras. Note: the paper should cover the camera's entire field of vision.
- Click OK.