Here is a high-level overview of the workflow that occurs when a FARO factory receives your device for service. This workflow may vary from service to service, depending on the issues reported by the FARO Service Technician. For specific information regarding your service, contact FARO Support.
Service begins the day after your FARO device is received in our system by the FARO Service Receiver.
- The Service Receiver logs the inventory of shipment components.
- The device is evaluated by a FARO Service Technician.
- Once the evaluation is complete, the FARO Service Technician works with our Engineering and Calibration Departments to complete repairs and/or adjustments.
- The device is moved to our Calibration Department to be calibrated or certified, depending upon the service needed.
- Once this has been completed the device moves to our Final Preparation area, where the device is cleaned, the original shipment components are verified, and the device is moved to shipping for delivery back to you.
- All devices that have been serviced receive a certification (unless otherwise noted) and a short description of the service completed.
NOTE: Turnaround time differs depending on the service needed. You may ask about the turnaround time when you call FARO Support to make your service appointment.
- What are the default steps (15 point check) of a FARO Arm Service
- What are the tests by which FaroArms are calibrated
- FaroArm Compensation and Calibration
- What is the difference between the Standard, Premium, and Premium Plus Warranty Plans for FARO devices
warranty, certification, checklist, service, RMA, customer service