It is quick and easy to install FARO software. The installation process is the same if this is the first time you are installing FARO software or if you are upgrading an existing installation.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
Install the Software
- In the folder where you saved the software, double-click the BuildIT.exe file to run the installer. You may need to right-click the file and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Install the required drivers and utilities (Any missing Microsoft Visual Studio files, Sentinel drivers and license management utilities).
- If prompted, do not restart after installing the Sentinel Protection Installer (Click No).
- To continue with the installation, click Next.
- Please read the End-User License Agreement. In order to continue installing BuildIT, please toggle that you accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter your user name and organization and click Next.
- Select the destination folder for your installation of BuildIT. In order to change the destination folder, click Change… and select the desired directory. In order to proceed with the installation, click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation, this may take a few minutes.
- One the installation is complete, you can check Launch BuildIT if you want to launch the program right away. Click Finish to exit the installer.
Upon launching the software for the first time, if a valid hardware key (dongle) or software key is not found, you will see the following window.
If you wish to run the full version:
- The Sentinel driver must be installed.
- Either the hardware key (dongle) must be attached or the software key must be installed.
- To request a demo license, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the code displayed in the window above.