When launching BuildIT, the splash screen is shown (or not) and the software crashes before showing the BuildIT interface. This problem first appeared in version 2017. Since BuildIT 2017, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 must be installed. However, the redistributable can be corrupted after updating graphic card driver or Windows update.
- Make sure that the latest graphics card driver is installed for all display adapters within the computer. You can verify the driver version by going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters, then Right-click on the appropriate graphic card and select Properties. Click on the "Driver" tab to view driver date and version. Driver downloads can be obtained directly from the manufacturer:
- For NVIDIA cards visit: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
For AMD cards visit: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
For Intel integrated graphics (if applicable), you may update the driver using the "Update Driver" button located on the "Driver" tab within the Properties window. Else visit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...aphics-Drivers.
- Make sure all Microsoft Windows updates have been applied.
- Update the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=52685 and follow the installation instructions provided by Microsoft.
- After the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable has been installed, restart your computer and launch BuildIT, if BuildIT fails to open continue to Step 5.
- If installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (Step 3) does not solve the issue, download the BuildIT vs_redist_x64.zip [3.8MB]. Unzip the file and copy all its contents to the "C:\Program Files\BuildIT\BuildIT Metrology 20xx\bin\" folder. After copying these files, launch BuildIT, if BuildIT again fails to open please contact BuildIT support.