It is quick and easy to install FARO software. The installation process is the same if this is the first time you are installing FARO software or if you are upgrading an existing installation.
Please review this table before you begin to ensure your success.
|Time to Complete||20 minutes|
Install the Software
- In the folder where you saved the software, double-click the Projector_2017.exe file to run the installer. Depending on your Windows version and security settings you may need to right-click the file and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- To continue with the installation, click Next.
- Please read the End-User License Agreement. In order to continue installing BuildIT Projector, please toggle that you accept the terms and conditions and click Next.
- Enter your user name and organization and click Next.
- Select the destination folder for your installation of BuildIT Projector. In order to change the destination folder, click Change… and select the desired directory. In order to proceed with the installation, click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation, this may take a few minutes.
- One the installation is complete, you can check Launch Projector if you want to launch the program right away. Click Finish to exit the installer.
- After installation is complete you may be prompted to restart your PC, click Yes to restart now, on No to restart later.
Upon launching the software for the first time, if a valid hardware key (dongle) or software key is not found, you will see the following window.
Clicking OK will allow you to run the software in "viewer mode". If you wish to run the full version:
- Either the hardware key (dongle) must be attached or the software key must be installed.
- To request a demo license, email email@example.com and include the License Code displayed in the window above.