- Measure a plane at the top of the cylinder.
- Measure the cylinder
- Intersect the plane with the cylinder (construct point < line/feature)
- If the part is completely symmetrical, measure a random point on the side of the cylinder. (measure point < plane project or measure point < comp off) If there is a specific location on the part that the coordinate system needs to be clocked to, then measure that point.
- Construct a 3-2-1 coordinate system using the measured plane for XY (or XZ, YZ) Or use the cylinder measured as the Z axis if datum is the cylinder – this option is a radio button.
- Construct a line using the constructed point at center of cylinder and the measured point on the side of cylinder.
- Define the origin
Keywords: alignment, cylinder, tube, tubing