Printer Port (Using Parallel Port Lock)
Go to my computer, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, ports (Com & LPT), click on printer LPT1.
· Under device status: It should read: This device is working properly.
· Device usage: It should read: Use this device (enabled).
Under port settings tab
· Filter research methods: It should read: Never use an interrupt.
· LPT port number: It should read: LPT1
USB Port (Using USB Port Lock)
Go to my computer, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
· Make sure no conflicts are present.
Software Security Token
Go to my computer, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, Software Security Token.
· Rainbow USB Super Pro should have no conflicts.
Check that no conflicts are cause by unauthorized software or hardware (palm pilots, digital cameras, scanners, zip drives, etc.)
Check the cables and connectors for bent pins, secure connections, or damage.
Check to make sure that the correct portlock is being used.
If multiple versions of CAM 2 Measure are installed on your computer and are not able to communicate with the portlock, it is due to the order they were installed. Versions of CAM2 should be installed in the order of their release. For example, if CAM2 Measure X and CAM2 Measure 4 (or Measure 3) are both installed on the computer. CAM2 Measure 4 (or Measure 3) needs to be installed before CAM2 Measure X
See Also Keywords: Portlock, Windows 2000, Windows XP